Proper Scary Stuff (1 Viewer)

leela_OU818 said:
How is The Eye over rated?! Hardly anyone has seen it to be over rated! And if you are basing your opinion merely on the calligraphy scene, then you really should watch it properly...and the correct quote is "You're in my chair".....just though I'd be a nit picker and point that out......

And to Ratmonkey, I do apologise profoundly for getting mixed up betwwen two Asain horror films, both of which are in languages which I do not speak and sound very similar to an untrained ear.....I'll be sure to study the cover in detail the next time I watch any foreign film........
yeah i'm basing my opinion on one scene. i usually base any opinions i have on a film on one particualr scene, usually in the trailer

sometimes i dont even watch the film and just base my opinions on what people tell me about it - hee hee!

ps the eye is shit

leela_OU818 said:
check out the eye.....one of the scariest japenese films ever made and ring 2 and then ring 0......you WILL have poo in your pants....
watched the ring( origional, japanese version) few nights ago. NOT scary. book is far superior, i suggest you read that.

is the film basket case any good?? one of the guy's i work with recomended it. (although he saw it years ago)

xsteox, I agree that ring is not that scary, but ring 2 and ring 0 are far better in most aspects accept for storyline, they equal ring in my opinion in that aspect. The special effects seem to be a lot better too (in 2 and 0)

And george, I wouldn't be surprised if you had just based your opinion on other people comments about the movie because you can't even tell me why you think it is over rated. You've had two chances to tell me this so far but for some reason you just can't do it......

xsteox said:
is the film basket case any good?? one of the guy's i work with recomended it. (although he saw it years ago)

its deadly!!! nice slice of crazy 80's gore, with some hilariously bad dialogue

made by the same guys who made Brain Damage, which i'd also recommend

the exorcist scared the living shit out of me when i was about 14, i couldn't sleep for about 3 nights after seeing it. watched it again when i was about 18, and I was ok. read the book recently though, and the cover of it kept looking at me, which was very un-nice.

since i've been a grown-up, the remake of the ring scared me horribly, but not as badly as signs. for a few months after watching signs, i was unable to wash my face in the mornings without thinking that when i dried off and looked in the mirror there'd be a bloody huge green thing standing behind me. ugh.
tried to watch the fog when it was on tv a while back, but i had to switch it off cos it was unsettling me too much.

proper scary films are :(

oh, and the hammer scene in 'my little eye' scared the shit out of me for a few nights too - i was staying over at my friend's house, and insisted on being let sleep in his bed with him so i'd feel safe.

Alan, just because you can't be within 15 feet of the opposite sex without getting a raging horn on ye, it doesn't mean we're all similarly unrestrained.

Now that's properly scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back