Propagation - new and (slightly) pretentious zine out now. (1 Viewer)

Keeror

Since 2000
PROPAGATION - the journal of discontinuity

Propagation Issue Zero out now!
Price £1/E1.27
Currently available from Road Records, Fade St., Freebird Records, Eden Quay, The Secret Book and Record Store, Wicklow St., and Project Arts Centre – check out the display case!
More retailers to follow.
Also available direct from the editor
Rory Carr, 95 Pembroke Cottages, Donnybrook, Dublin 4.
[email protected]

Propagation is a magazine dedicated to the nonsensical things in life.
Issue Zero features drawings, cartoons, stories and various artworks from many contributors, including members of the Jimmy Cake, Thinker Org and the Whispering Gallery.

Each issue of Propagation will have a different format. (A format and idea for issue one predates the current issue, hence it is numbered zero).
The format of issue zero is a double sided A3 sheet, giving 16 A6 panels, and printed on good quality paper.

Propagation Issue Zero is limited to 200 numbered copies.
Get yours today!

herv (21 Oct, 2001 02:00 p.m.):
zounds. what other formats do you propose to have?

Wait till 2002, then you'll see.

Does no one else get bored of all magazines being the same shape? Always on paper? Always read from front to back and left to right?

Keeror (23 Oct, 2001 11:21 a.m.):
Does no one else get bored of all magazines being the same shape? Always on paper? Always read from front to back and left to right?

There's exceptions, of course. Like McSweeney's.

But what about them fashion pages in the Face and Pop where the models aren't wearing any clothes? Have the editors never read the Emperor's New Clothes? Or maybe they've read it one too many times?

generally its cheaper to stick to the standard format.

Also Magazines are generally things people pick up to leaf thru on the train or bus, or scan thru at home.. if they have to feck about and try to figure it all out they're going to get fustrated and not bother next issue. well thats one school of thought anyway...

Dazed and Confused have that thing where you can read from the back, and I think Blah Blah Blah used to be square. A problem because it didn't stick out on standard magazine racks due to it being that bit shorter

With a bit of thought and good design its worth looking at different formats to get yer mag noticed

what magazines are folks reading these days??

Saw some maggurzeen once what was all storyboards. The thing was about A5 size and it opened out into an A2 sheet of paper with storeyboard cells on it - the idea was you could make your own movie of it. Very clever.

Cabinet is a damn good magazine. Mute ain't so bad.

To be honest, the standard magazine format doesn't bother me that much.
What bothers me is that as a left hander all reading and writing is contrary to my instinct, being from left to right.
I always flick through magazines starting at the back.
Maybe I should learn to read Japanese and start buying those Manga imports.

Pantone247 (25 Oct, 2001 12:48 p.m.):
as a fellow lefty hander I can safely say its just you Keeror
I see. It's not just you then?

what has your southpaw ways got to do with how you read a magazine anyhow???
It has to do with which thumb you instinctively use to flick through a book or zine. I always use my left, meaning I have to turn the zine back to front.

thats like getting trapped in a room cause the door handles are all right handed.....
It's really frightening when that happens, isn't it?

Did you never have trouble with learning to write as a leftie in a righties world? I had endless smudge problems.
I still do, but the smudges are of a different type altogether nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back