Problem with Windows 7 search (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

I got a new PC running Windows 7 64 Bit(which I'm a bit unfamilar with).

Now when I use the little 'search programs and files' and click the SEARCH EVERYWHERE option i get this error:

Now I was turning on/off indexing a few days ago and I might have deactivated the asscoaited program.

Any help on restoring this..

Thanks..

Hmmm...I'm not sure but i don't think. Though It might have came installed and I did uninstall most of the junk software on it.

stupid suggestion, but try installing it to see if the problem goes away, then uninstall it again

next stop would have to be the microsoft knowledge base so

Ok i'll try post on their suppor forums...thanks for the help.

In the mean time I writing down all the filenames and folders on a piece of paper :)

DAmn this:

This Product ID indicates that there will be a charge for this Microsoft support.
The product ID indicates that this product may be supported by your computer manufacturer. Contact your computer manufacturer for support or select a different support option below.This Product ID indicates that there will be a charge for this Microsoft support.
The product ID indicates that this product may be supported by your computer manufacturer. Contact your computer manufacturer for support or select a different support option below.

Theres third party search programs available free on download.com I'm fairly sure

Theres third party search programs available free on download.com I'm fairly sure

Yeah I've just started using a freeware program called 'Search Everything' and it seems really good..
Wierd that the Windows Support want to charge to give support for my OS.

they usually have an answer for everything on the KB & only charge if you need human support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back