primary degree? (1 Viewer)

frambosenshmak

Website
Visit site
calling all third level students,

i was perusing the application proceedures for a third level course, as you do of a sunny tuesday afternoon, and i happened upon a requirement to have a primary degree.

I have a Hons BA degree. Is that a primary degree? I cant find any info on the hetac site.

Also what constitutes an Arts degree? Does it depend on the college you attended having an arts department and you having done a degree within that department or would a degree in any creative course (fine art, graphics, animation, film) also classify as arts degree?

yea. i'm pretty sure that is your primary degree. (i.e. if it's 3 to 4 years)

and BA means Bachelor of Arts

ah the clue was in the title! Well done watson old bean.

so if BA is a primary degree, what is a masters degree?
a mega primary? a mastersoftheuniversedegree?

my eyes glaze over when i delve into the murky world of undergraduate, postgradute, postundermasterprimarybachelorgraduatesoftheunivers

dennis-franz-slapping-head-pic-sm-865072036.jpg

so if BA is a primary degree, what is a masters degree?
a mega primary? a mastersoftheuniversedegree?

yep. a Masters degree is just an extension of a regular degree. The idea of a Masters is to give a more in-depth but broader knowledge of a particular subject area (than what can be covered in a regular degree).

The PhD is the step up from this. With a masters you are expected to know a lot about a subject (broad) with a PhD you are expected to contribute something new to knowledge (depth).

A PhD is really just a training programme for professional researchers. It is to show that you are competent in devising, managing and completing a large research project.

Post-doc research is when it gets pretty serious.

A PhD is really just a training programme for professional researchers. It is to show that you are competent in devising, managing and completing a large research project.

how's that competency test of yours coming along then? :)

thanks y'all for all the feedback (including the head slapping pic). its been a while since i've had to cut through the admin crap associated with just even looking into third level education let alone studying for it. i can feel the cogs moving again on the calculatrix machine in the education department of my brain (currently half expanded into by the drinking and ranting department these days)

calling all third level students,

i was perusing the application proceedures for a third level course, as you do of a sunny tuesday afternoon, and i happened upon a requirement to have a primary degree.

I have a Hons BA degree. Is that a primary degree? I cant find any info on the hetac site.

Also what constitutes an Arts degree? Does it depend on the college you attended having an arts department and you having done a degree within that department or would a degree in any creative course (fine art, graphics, animation, film) also classify as arts degree?

Can't believe how lightly you have got off with this one...post of the year candidate hands down.|..|:)

and the little A4 printed certificate. I still have that tshirt everyone signed. It still fits too.

oh yeah, i still have my school shirt with stuff written all over it. like 'lydia doolan is a bitch' and 'i hate ann gavin'..so i can always remember what a bunch of bitches little girls are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back