Pretty Persuasion (1 Viewer)

F. Fred Palakon

Anyone see this? First film in a very long time that me and me cinema going sidekick completely disagreed on. I quite liked it, he thought it was 'utterly without redemption'. Ron Livingston is great, either way.

Ah here. I said if it wasn't for Ron Livingston, the film would be beyond redemption. And I stand by that. It's like a joyless Heathers with a lead character that mumbles the whole time.

i thought it was pretty funny. the ending wasn't as smart as it should have been. there was a strange awkward silence in the cinema during all the un-pc jokes.

the best thing about it was noticing that the jewish kid sat behind rachel evan wood in school in once and again. i think she likes him, but i'll have to watch some more episodes to find out.

I thought it was pretty all over the place issue-wise but I liked that. I terms of movies about teenaged girls up to no good it was a lot better than something like Thirteen (which I found hugely disappointing).

The scene at the dinner table with the ringing cellphones was almost a direct rip- off of Clueless, but I'm choosing to see it as a homage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back