Poxy proxy (3 Viewers)

Rachel666

HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The ISA Server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

Internet explorer will not work. I can open the program but it won't load any sites. msn try to connect but can't because of "key port" problems.
but firefox works perfectly. ?
I've tried screwing around with my LAN, but nothing happens.

It's nothing to do with the firewall. I wouldn't mind so much but without msn I miss out on loads of goss. Can anyone please help?

trianglegrrrl said:
Internet explorer will not work. I can open the program but it won't load any sites. msn try to connect but can't because of "key port" problems.
but firefox works perfectly. ?
I've tried screwing around with my LAN, but nothing happens.

It's nothing to do with the firewall. I wouldn't mind so much but without msn I miss out on loads of goss. Can anyone please help?

Where is this happening? Work? School? Have you set your browser to 'Automatically detect settings' under Tools | Internet Options | Connections | Lan Settings in IE by any chance?

In fact what exactly do you have set up under Tools | Internet Options | Connections | Lan Settings & how does this compare to what you see under Tools | Options | General | Connection settings in Firefox?

they are both on automatically detect settings. I'm going to try and reinstall internet explorer. Is there any IM program that's compatable with firefox?

trianglegrrrl said:
they are both on automatically detect settings. I'm going to try and reinstall internet explorer. Is there any IM program that's compatable with firefox?
turn off auto detect settings in IE.

I already have trillian but aim and msn on it won't work because of my IE problem. I tried installing the latest version but it wouldn't work, it said my microsoft was a stolen copy or something. I don't know what to do now...

trianglegrrrl said:
I already have trillian but aim and msn on it won't work because of my IE problem. I tried installing the latest version but it wouldn't work, it said my microsoft was a stolen copy or something. I don't know what to do now...
It would probably help if you were a bit more specific with your information - saying "it doesn't work" isn't really much to go on and reminds me too much of, well.... work.

Trillian works with my "unregistered" copy of XP. And with that I'll leave you both too it as I'm probably not much help.

moose said:
Trillian works with my "unregistered" copy of XP. And with that I'll leave you both too it as I'm probably not much help.
trillian couldn't care less about OS registration - all it wants to know is if it can access the IM servers across your proxy / firewall / whatever

pete said:
trillian couldn't care less about OS registration - all it wants to know is if it can access the IM servers across your proxy / firewall / whatever

That's what I thought. Surprised me when trianglegrrrl said trillian was complaining about a "stolen" copy of Microsoft.

So the issue isn't with IE but with the proxy/internet connection on the computer?

moose said:
That's what I thought. Surprised me when trianglegrrrl said trillian was complaining about a "stolen" copy of Microsoft.

So the issue isn't with IE but with the proxy/internet connection on the computer?
yup

HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The ISA Server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server
ISA = Microsoft's all in one firewall & caching proxy server. It's mostly used just as a caching proxy server though, with the 'firewall' rules used for client access control - for some strange reason, not many companies seem willing to trust Microsoft to provide a secure enterprise firewall. Funny that.

Anyway the error being reported means what it says - the proxy is denying the connection based on the rules set up on it. ISA policy rules are created by combining client lists (PCs), destination lists (websites) & protocol lists (HTTP / HTTPS / FTP), so any one of these could be at fault.

The same error can also be chucked out by ISA when proper internet access rules haven't been set up, say with a fresh install (default = block everything), so this could possibly mean this specific ISA server isn't the 'proper' route out onto the web for the computer in question... which is unlikely, but that's why i wanted to see what happened when auto detect settings was turned off.

It's also possible the computer in question isn't on an ISA client list (from memory, this can be done by IP address or Windows domain & group membership) but this is unlikely given that firefox apparently works.

The only other thing i can think of right now is that the proxy is set up to use HTTP authentication, but something has screwed up in IE (imagine that!) and it's not passing the info on, whereas Firefox is.

Unfortunately, without some more info on where / what is in place it's hard to say what's wrong in this case. I'll have a look at an ISA server tomorrow & see if anything else comes to mind. It's all a little vague right now.

Cheers Pete, I was just being curious and taking a break from my Java3D assignment. Haven't used IE in a long time meself.

thanks Pete but the problem has deteriorated so much that i cant even connect to the internet now (using school computers). When I dial up it gets as far as verifying username and password, then it says that they're invalid in the domain and stops connecting. My brothers laptop is still connecting perfectly. I'm not really sure what to do. I know all my problems would disappear if i had broadband but I can't get it because of location.
Should I get someone to fix the computer or should i call up my network provider?(BT ireland)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back