Power Supply (1 Viewer)

brianoak

Is htere anything you can get that powers all your pedals off one plug??
Like a big power supply you can hook all your pedals into.Im sick of buying batteries every other week.

dude you never seen a daisy chain before?. its a little connection that goes on the end of boss power supplies ( and maybe others too ) and then essentially means that(i think) 4 pedals can be powered from the same source.
or you know on boss TU-2 pedals there is two power supply connections? you can you that as well and "link the power through."
think the daisy chains are only a few quid in town.
now off you go and play that distortion with full juice. watch those little red lights glow.

Lidl is great for 9V batteries. 2 for €4

deadly!

them daisy chains are okay, but they don't supply the full 9Vs if you have 4 pedals on them... you probably won't notice it, but I have a delay that won't work on the end of one, and the sound off my big muff is a little dull on it... y;know how when you put in a 9V first it sounds deadly, and then slowly winds down.... it's like that... also your power supply will be hotter then the sun at the end of practice...

I'm not knowing them completely. They are great for like 5 quid or whatever, but I try to use batterys as much as I can and just run delays or other battery hungry fellas off the power supply

didn't Boss used to do a pedal that supplied a few pedals, I assume at a constant Voltage?

deadly!

them daisy chains are okay, but they don't supply the full 9Vs if you have 4 pedals on them... you probably won't notice it, but I have a delay that won't work on the end of one, and the sound off my big muff is a little dull on it... y;know how when you put in a 9V first it sounds deadly, and then slowly winds down.... it's like that... also your power supply will be hotter then the sun at the end of practice...

I'm not knowing them completely. They are great for like 5 quid or whatever, but I try to use batterys as much as I can and just run delays or other battery hungry fellas off the power supply

didn't Boss used to do a pedal that supplied a few pedals, I assume at a constant Voltage?

really never heard of that before!
hmmm..spose you could power 4 pedals off 2 supplies///

really never heard of that before!
hmmm..spose you could power 4 pedals off 2 supplies///

guy in Pete's O' Parnell street confirmed it, it's actually not the voltage that drops, but the amps... *shrug* ...he was surprised folks did it as he reckoned it could be potentially dangerous... heh...

In saying all of the above, I did use one for about a year and it was mostly grand, kept the fuzz on batteries (need changing once every three months) and kept the trem, wah and delay pedal on the power supply

i should print out this thread- i know a guit player that tries to run 8 pedals off a daisy chain...always having problems with pedals dropping out on him.

Its not the daisy chain thats the problem its the power supply.

You have to make sure that the power supply can deliver the amps required. Maplin do ones that will deliver 800mA and more, make sure you get a regulated one (these ones dont cause any noise issues). I still wouldn't recommend powering more than four pedals on one.

Music Technology in Space 28 sell a deadly pedal case that has built in power supplies that'll work on boss, electroharmonics and proco pedals. Can't remember who makes it but it doubles as a stage board for them aswell. Think its about €130.

well the guy i'm talking about plugs the chain...get this...into the wall! i'm not sure about these "power supplies" everybody is speaking of. do they get the juice from a wall socket and then do something to it to make it even out for all pedals if ya catch my drift?

for that matter, why do i even care? i'm a bass player. we don't need no stinking pedals.

bollocks. i can make my bass sound however i want by adjusting tone, volume and pickup selector knobs.

tho i admit if i had the spare cash i'd buy a few pedals, notably a wah, a Rat and a bass EQ. do they make 32 band graphic bass EQ pedals? that would be lovely.

anybody any experience with this?
257.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back