posters (i'm sooo busy) (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3435
  • Start date
  • Replies 75
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 3
only posters I have room for here are Batman and an ad for the US release of The Real New Fall LP

when I was younger my room was covered in them.
Pop stuff from about 1982-1984. ABC, Human League, Duran Duran, Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
Then posters of The Smiths, Jesus And Mary Chain, The Fall, Kraftwerk, The Slits, The Clash dominated the walls for the mid 80's period.

One which my mother used to hate was The Cocteau Twins @ SFX Centre Dublin, 11 Nov 1986. A big orange one which I pulled off the advertising boards down the Quays about two weeks before the gig (while on a day trip to Dublin)

Eoddy Gorilla said:
.|..| !!!!!
Bit worried the new albums gonna be shit though...
When is it out does anyone know?
It says on their site it's out on May 10th but I don't know whether to believe that...the picture was a little off in other ways too...

Bahahaha.jpg

im gonna die for that one..:eek: ..sorry

The weirdest thing about this is we're not friends, we sat on the same couch at a party once apparently but you didnt talk to me.
Then this other time my friend showed me where you filled up and entire sketch book with the words "PUNK ROCK LOVE" poorly stencilled onto each
page in red paint then gave it to your girlfriend.

If I go to your house and find an entire room filled with "weeler" memorabilia im going to start worrying.

weeler said:
The weirdest thing about this is we're not friends, we sat on the same couch at a party once apparently but you didnt talk to me.
Then this other time my friend showed me where you filled up and entire sketch book with the words "PUNK ROCK LOVE" poorly stencilled onto each

If I go to your house and find an entire room filled with "weeler" memorabilia im going to start worrying.

You're a mentalist, A MENTALIST!

weeler said:
Ah yes. This would be the time your friend went rooting through my girlfriends drawers, through her personal stuff while she was away for the weekend. Correct? An entire sketch book? Bahahahaha.
Anyway, the stencil was a joke. Seemed pretty obvious..

Anyway, that logo thing; I was kidding..I got bored..sorry....

above and behind my head now are turbonegro and scene creamers posters. But they're framed, and they're limited edition american gig posters and they are superfantastichen. Plus they were a present from kind Dudley for my 30th birthday which makes them even nicer.

Sitting looking at me is a framed B&W Kevin Cummings shot of Joy Division from '79, also limited. And which was a present from me to my lovely fella for his 30th. And which we really must hang (no pun intended)

Eoddy Gorilla said:
Ah yes. This would be the time your friend went rooting through my girlfriends drawers

!baggyyyy

Surprised this thread hasnt morphed into posters of your ma/girlfriend/sister/granny type jokes yet.......or maybe Im just highlighting my immaturity publicy:eek:

is the graf exhibition on at the moment? how's it going?
brian/heathons said:
Surprised this thread hasnt morphed into posters of your ma/girlfriend/sister/granny type jokes yet.......or maybe Im just highlighting my immaturity publicy:eek:

Its the last day today but it went really well.I think about 200 people showed out on the opening night so that was great and a lot of the artists sold some of their work and some commisions were requested so yeah we are pretty happy with how it went.It was way more work than I thought it would be though but I know that now so next time should be easier
kirstie said:
is the graf exhibition on at the moment? how's it going?

excellent, sorry I missed it.
brian/heathons said:
Its the last day today but it went really well.I think about 200 people showed out on the opening night so that was great and a lot of the artists sold some of their work and some commisions were requested so yeah we are pretty happy with how it went.It was way more work than I thought it would be though but I know that now so next time should be easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back