Post-apocalypse tv & film (1 Viewer)

Mad%20Max%20poster%201.jpg

10675city-of-lost-children-posters.jpg

Hell%20Comes%20To%20Frogtown%20DVD.jpg

144093~The-Last-Man-on-Earth-Posters.jpg

I can't believe it took 5pages before Escape from New York was montioned!
It dropped one of the best one liners of the 80's "I don't give a fuck about your war...or your president!"

I can't believe you left out '1990: Bronx Warriors'!

Also, Omega Man is indeed quality...A far better adaptation of 'I Am Legend' than that Will Smith travesty.

The Tribe
another aussie kid post-apocalypse gem was "the girl from tomorrow". that were well good! when i return to the land of broad and band i will watch them all

"i am legend" is such a great book, i just wanna read all the post-apoc lit, like john wyndham. does anyone have the loan of the day of the triffids or the chrysalids? thats really why i revived this thread...

another aussie kid post-apocalypse gem was "the girl from tomorrow". that were well good! when i return to the land of broad and band i will watch them all

The post-apocalyptic one was really "The Girl From Tomorrow Pt. II: Tomorrow's End". In the first series they didn't really go into the apocalypticiness.

Special Bulletin (1983)

51KSQA3XPPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Link to video: [video=google;-5395928224148935228]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5395928224148935228&ei=Nc5aSeHUHJSCiwKB85WNDg&q=special+bulletin&emb=1[/video]

Countdown to Looking Glass (1984)

front_cover.bmp

link to video: [video=google;-8786950669565492785]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8786950669565492785&ei=cTlISaz2CYf0-QGkwujsBQ&q=Countdown+to+Looking+Glass[/video]

"i am legend" is such a great book, i just wanna read all the post-apoc lit, like john wyndham. does anyone have the loan of the day of the triffids or the chrysalids? thats really why i revived this thread...

If you're really stuck: http://bloodyhorror.blogspot.com/2007/04/day-of-triffids-1962.html (I haven't tried this - I presume it's the book.. could be the tv series either).

For bukes of that ilk, I'd also recommend Cormac McCarthy's The Road, The Drowned World or Drought or The Crystal World by J. G. Ballard (or much of Ballard before 1975) and Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Anyone else have any other suggestions? I'd be interest to hear of more. Earth Abides by George R. Stewart is supposed to be good, but I ain't never read it.

By the way, I agree that The Day Of The Triffids and I Am Legend are really enjoyable novels. Must get The Omega Man movie. The Chrysalids by Wyndham (post apocalyptic too) is worth a read.

The Road is very good alright. McCarthy has a great style of writing. How do you put spoilers into your post?

It's a bit off topic, but some WWII/Holocaust literature is very good also. It's tends to be apocalyptic because it was such a devastating war. If This Is A Man and If Not Now When by Primo Levi are two excellent reads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back