Portal 2 (2 Viewers)

There's a lot of hullabaloo over the length of the game, some people claiming to have completed the single player in 4 hours- Steam counter is apparently broken though, and misrepresenting everything.... after the first day and, ehh.. night, mine said I'd been at it for 12 hours..... It's obviously broken.

collar-pull.gif

Yeah, that's a load of bollocks. This is the Valve backlash in full bleedin effect... every article and thread about this game has gone mental, it's a bit mad. I'm not sure what it's all about, but the ARG really seems to have stoked people up. I suppose it could be the same as any, dare I say it, "modern art"- totally polarizing opinions. And like the first Portal it's a bit of a (hur hur) leap of faith... the army of internet goons JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT.

The last FPS I played was Black Ops, but I didn't finish the single player.. very boring. I just want more of this though :) Gots to go back to it in a couple of weeks for achievements... want to see the Borealis reference....

If I knew who you were you'd be getting a lend of the xbox, but as it is you're a snappy name and a foul avatar... surely you know someone with a 360? You'd easily get through the single player over a weekend... maybe consoles are still rentable? Although, the last time I rented a console it was a Snes from a family run video shop in Roscommon, probably around fifteen years ago ... aahhhh.. heady days

Did everyone get their apology from PSN? Looks like there'll be some free games in the offing as well:

Dear PlayStation Network user,

As you may have heard, PlayStation®Network was suspended worldwide on 20 April 2011 following a criminal cyber attack on our servers.

We're pleased to say that we have now started restoring some PlayStation Network services. Over the coming days, more services will be back up and running and you should keep an eye on eu.playstation.com/psnlatest and PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com for the very latest developments.

Before you start using PlayStation Network again...

In restoring PSN, we have introduced a safety measure which means you will need to update your PlayStation Network account password before you can start using PSN again.

If you've got a PlayStation®3, you can do this by updating to system software version 3.61 and then signing in to PlayStation Network from the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) Menu. Find out more at eu.playstation.com/ps3psn.

Otherwise, you can change your password by visiting https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm on your PC. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes and if you'd like more help you can follow the step by step guide at eu.playstation.com/psppsn.

Free games on us...

To thank you for your patience whilst PSN has been unavailable, we'll be rolling out a Welcome Back programme for all PSN users shortly; this will include free games to download and a month's free subscription to PlayStation®Plus (or a free month for existing members).

Once available, we'll publish a full list of Welcome Back offers in your country at eu.playstation.com/welcomeback.

Again, we would like to thank you for your patience and support whilst our teams worldwide work to get PSN back up and running.

Remember, for the very latest updates, you should visit eu.playstation.com/psnlatest, PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com and follow us on twitter.com/PlayStationEU.

We look forward to seeing you online soon,

The PlayStation Network team

Here are the free games:

LittleBigPlanet
InFamous*
WipEout HD/Fury
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If they don't think adoption is such a big deal then why did they think it was necessary to get this on the news?! For fucks sake. BOGGLED.

Edit: Well, what do I know.. the poor man sounds like he's about to cry :( Although even I know how to explain things like this to my house mates three year old son... it's not difficult.

Have you given the multiplayer a go? I could find you on steam if you want to give it a lash? I've been waiting two months for a friend to build his computer, but he's a lazy prick and I want to play it :) Or anyone else who hasn't played it yet, for that matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back