Portal 2 (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Part of the Arg which I've just discovered a bit more about and don't really understand is at :37 ....

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Portal_ARG#April_5.2C_2011

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/File:ARG_April_2011_Turrets_1.jpg

Intriguing and baffling.

And some new stuff on http://www.thinkwithportals.com/blog.php

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/blog/posts/001/turretguidesamplepage.png

Summary of the ARG to date.

Just reading it makes my head melt, I have no idea how people actually solve stuff like this.

Summary of the ARG to date.

Just reading it makes my head melt, I have no idea how people actually solve stuff like this.

Yeah, it's mental... that's a good summary, a bit more of the story behind it all than I've read elsewhere... I'm tempted to find some kind of SSTV software to decrypt the images in the radio transmissions for myself... :) It's nice to know the level of intelligence Valve assumes their fans possess... I'm far too stupid to even barely grasp the concepts of this thing though :)

Holy fuck.... it's far more mental than I had previously thought.

"Defense Grid's took us the entire 48 hours and a whole lot of Chemistry (both between numbers and letters and the actually study of chemicals) to figure out. When part 2 of the updates to the Potato Sack were pushed out on April 7th. The Console in Defense Grid was searched high and low for clues. Eventually we discovered a bunch of gibberish in garden_alchemy.txt. Initially we thought it looked like Morse code but it wasn't. We then replaced the "-" with ".." and things became a little clear. So for example:

1) #..- -.-.
2) .....-. -#.

became

1) #.... ......
2) ........ ..#.

OK now what? We had reached another dead end until someone decided to open view_flowers which was an executable file and it led people a hidden link. Clicking on each petal led people to several flowers. 20 to be exact. We eventually figured out the names of all 20 flowers and realized that they fit perfectly into the translation we had just done before.

1) #.... ......
2) ........ ..#.

became

1) AUtumn crocus
2) bleeding HeARt

All the Chemistry nerds jumped on because the # was linking to elements on the periodic table and how they were to be put together was determined by the number on the file name for each corresponding flower.

Autumn crocus had 3
Bleeding Heart had 10

Eventually each atom was assigned its periodic number and then the long string at the bottom of the garden_alchemy.txt was used to find the answer: THEYREALLDAISIESTOME. Ingenious. But what was this string? It was the password to flower_answer.txt."

enhanced-buzz-9967-1302558903-28.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From RPS

"n case anyone’s (like me) squinting to try and read the text on the portal gun diagram:

blue/orange dye reservoir.
minature surplus german stick grenade.
dye trap.
portal intake manifold.
quantum shaping prongA
quantum shaping prongB
quantum shaping prongC

Note: if the device fails to produce portals, the Minature Black Hole may need to be restarted by carefully tossing one (1) or two (2) or the minature stick grenades into it.

fan battery housing
miniature black hole
miniature black hole cooling fan
ring singularity harness
ring singularity ring (upper)
ring singularity ring (lower)
event horizon estimation wheel

Note: the sudden absence of a steady whirring sound may indicate a Miniature Black Hole Cooling Fan Battery failure. Quickly disassemble the Ring Singularity Harness, pry apart the upper and lower Ring Singularity Rings, and gently remove the Event Horizon Estimation Wheel. Then, while running directly away from the device, use the Wheel to precisely determine an estimated minimum safe stopping distance."

There are some difficult decisions for me... I dunno wether to get it and try to ration it out with study time or leave it for three weeks..... must.be.responsible.

I've just realised that I'm going to end up watching a playthrough of this online somewhere because my computer is too old and shit for me to play it, and I won't be getting a new one even remotely soon. Thank you Portal, you've driven me to rock bottom.

ponds.jpg

I'm pond scum! I've got a little dick!

how much should they be? i've a 120gb 360 elite under the stairs. under warranty until october.

I dunno but 50 quid seems very cheap. Well, I couldn't do it.. I relented... my pre-load is complete. I'll be playing the second it's released, EXAMS BE DAMNED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back