Pool vs Milan (4 Viewers)

i wasn't really able to sleep. best final i have ever seen by a long way it could be the best final since the 5-3 and 7-3 one's over forty years back. i was with a couple of scum fans who laughed loudly as milan scored and they didn't bother watching the second half. but i thought it was finished at 2-0. at half time another scum fan who was cool said if they can get a goal back you never know. i said it was damage limitation and thought he was mad. cannot believe what i have seen. i don't think they should let Hamann or Hyypia go yet if the reds make too many changes to fast it could be a mistake. heysel was the first final i saw i rank this with the best moments in those twenty years of football. who the hell would have thought it ? what odds at half time? cannot wait to meet the man u dudes again. great just great. it's a game of two halves you know....

ramps said:
is that richard kiel on your avatar?

Indeed it is the big man himself.

This was an unbelievable night of footie...its a victory for the underdog and a great display of heart and self belief...the lads never gave up...I couldn't believe it when the second goal went in...for a second I actually thought it was a replay of the first goal when I saw everyone celebrating...its all a blur...I didn't want penalties but when their first one went over I knew we had it.

Everyone was expecting a dull 1-0...even me...but turned out to be a great game for the neutrals too.

Hopefully this win will draw more top players to Liverpool in the summer, after seeing what Rafa is capable of...back to back European trophies...anything you can do Jose, Rafa can do...but with class.

Traore with a champions league medal...it's funny cos it's true!

Beanstalk said:
Indeed it is the big man himself.

This was an unbelievable night of footie...its a victory for the underdog and a great display of heart and self belief...the lads never gave up...I couldn't believe it when the second goal went in...for a second I actually thought it was a replay of the first goal when I saw everyone celebrating...its all a blur...I didn't want penalties but when their first one went over I knew we had it.

Everyone was expecting a dull 1-0...even me...but turned out to be a great game for the neutrals too.

Hopefully this win will draw more top players to Liverpool in the summer, after seeing what Rafa is capable of...back to back European trophies...anything you can do Jose, Rafa can do...but with class.

Traore with a champions league medal...it's funny cos it's true!

jesus yeah, traore had a bit of a mare last night. still, that clearance off the line in the second half. and dudek's double save late on too?! they were all heroes ;)

amazing match. fair fucks to the pool.

Man, I'm gutted I wasn't watching this in a pub - stupid not drinking because of anti-biotics buzz. Feckin fantastic stuff though. 'Escape to Victory' anybody??

Big :heart: for Liverpool!

Everyone on this post is getting repped...I'm all about the love today!

"When you walk through the storm..."

OK...some of you will have to wait 24 hours...I've seemingly used up all my rep for today...I'm spent.

Beanstalk said:
Everyone on this post is getting repped...I'm all about the love today!

"When you walk through the storm..."

OK...some of you will have to wait 24 hours...I've seemingly used up all my rep for today...I'm spent.

:D

Wow easily the finest final ive ever seen

go on the pool (although i agree bout kewell and traore gettin medals,maybe they can trade them for a champions league spot next year?)

clonan attack said:
Wow easily the finest final ive ever seen

go on the pool (although i agree bout kewell and traore gettin medals,maybe they can trade them for a champions league spot next year?)

in defence of traore, he did clear the ball off the line and was much better in the second half... also he had some fabulous games against chelsea and juve...

in defence of kewell : .......... eh, he was , eh, injured ,... eh for most of the .... eh season ...

From a Liverpool fan on the BBC web-site:

"1031: Ryan W, via text
The best comback since Bobby Ewing in the shower! "

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insanity. Roy of the Rovers stuff. I must be dreaming.
I were watching the game in the folks' gaff and gave up at half time. Me sister gave me a lift back home (only 10 mins away). Got there before the 2nd half started. Thought 'nice goal stevie g'. Thought '3-2 eh? with 35 mins left?'. Thought 'fuck me'. Got a spin back to the folks' gaff with the sister and drank and screamed and jumped and rattled and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

it was a good final though.
we were supposed to be practicing, and would have missed the whole thing but for my slowness with my crutches.

gerrards goal: jaysus, hold on a minute, we'll go out in a sec.
smicer's goal: fuck me!
peno - put the fucking kettle on lads.

madness.
dudek was great at the peno's, despite my assertion beforehand that he was shit...

:)

Crutches, Kieran? Woss that about?
Traore looked like he'd been having the jazz cigarettes before the match.
That was just so deadly....
Ah yes. Football was the winner.

old said:
Crutches, Kieran? Woss that about?
Traore looked like he'd been having the jazz cigarettes before the match.
That was just so deadly....
Ah yes. Football was the winner.

just heard the funniest thing : a certain famous DJ's brother was at the game in istanbul, a huge liverpool fan, AND LEFT AT HALF TIME!!!
A HAH AHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Oh here I forgot to say last night, now this is pure speculation, but I think I might have seen the goone on TV at the match last night. I've never met him, but according to mondo, he looks just like his brother, and at some point during the game last night there was a fella in the crowd going nuts who looked juts like Niall Redneck. Could be completely wrong but I found it amusing....

At least djimi, even though he is a awful football player, showed desire and a willingness to run and run. But as for Kewell, well I don't think there has ever been a person more undeserving of owning a champions league winners medal.

Dude no.7 said:
in defence of traore, he did clear the ball off the line and was much better in the second half... also he had some fabulous games against chelsea and juve...

in defence of kewell : .......... eh, he was , eh, injured ,... eh for most of the .... eh season ...

lorcanzo said:
dudek was great at the peno's, despite my assertion beforehand that he was shit...

:)

me pre peno's: ah yeah fair play to the pool but that dida lad, i tells ya,he can save a peno

me post peno's: ah yeah, that dudek, he can dance

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back