POO PROMOTIONS AND SAI FESTIVAL (LEECHRUM) (2 Viewers)

LocationDrumshanbo, Co Leitrim

Collection service to the festival from Carrick-on-Shannon.
There will be a collection service from the Landmark hotel opposite bus stop at each of these times :
Friday buses:
Saturday buses:

People travelling from other areas by bus/ train may also avail of this
collection services at these arrival times.
On Monday there will be a bus service every 2 hrs starting @ 10am
Extra buses will be allocated according to demand.
Here are proper web pages for bus/ rail links:

Bus Eireann Website

Irish Rail Website

Taxi also available from Carrick on Shannon 0862377996 & 0862233381

Travelling by Car Any questions about directions email [email protected]
Driving time from Dublin to Carrick on Shannon is just over 2 hours. From Carrick on Shannon, take the R280 straight into Drumshanbo.
Driving time from Galway is about 2 hours. From Carrick on Shannon, take the R280 straight into Drumshanbo.
Driving time from Limerick is about 4.5 hours. From Carrick on Shannon, take the R280 straight into Drumshanbo.
Driving time from Cork is about 6.5 hours. From Carrick on Shannon, take the R280 straight into Drumshanbo.
Driving time from Waterford is about 6.5. From Carrick on Shannon, take the R280 straight into Drumshanbo.
FUCK!

Obviously this fest has grown in size since I was there 2 years ago :(

yeah cat half six in the evening though, what time are you looking to be in carrick on shannon at Anarcho Monk ?

I know about the bus collection but Im looking to be in Carrick at either 1:20 or 16:20 to catch the start of the fest. Im jsut wondering how long it takes to get from Carrick to the campsite from a taxi or something or if it is even feasible?

ok, i think the cycling story is that we're heading on thursday morning from dublin. just out of interest, has anyone ever cycled to the west before? like for rossport or anything? if so how long did it take? are we cutting it too tight by leaving on thursday?

David O Doherty tried cycling from Dublin to Galway on the tv programme he did a while back. He faaaailed.
Would love to

It's 96.0215 miles...approximately. :)

So if your travelling at an average of 15 mph it'd take 6 hours and 24 minutes but if you up the speed to 20 mph it'll only take 4 hours and 48 minutes.

Easy!

Mathematician punx ftw.

ok, i think the cycling story is that we're heading on thursday morning from dublin. just out of interest, has anyone ever cycled to the west before? like for rossport or anything? if so how long did it take? are we cutting it too tight by leaving on thursday?

David O Doherty tried cycling from Dublin to Galway on the tv programme he did a while back. He faaaailed.
Would love to

It's 96.0215 miles...approximately. :)

So if your travelling at an average of 15 mph it'd take 6 hours and 24 minutes but if you up the speed to 20 mph it'll only take 4 hours and 48 minutes.

Easy!

Mathematician punx ftw.

15mph or 24kmph (sorry, thinking in kms) would be fairly hoofing it. it depends on your cycle fitness. don't forget the puncture repair kit and your pump just in case. 96miles = 154km. leave early on thursday, get a good run and set a target well over half way. should take about ten hours 15min at 15km/hour, but then you have to add in whatever stops.

what's the terrain like? hills and shit?

There's the mountains either side of Lough Allen but I think other than that the landscape is fairly flat. Sligo's another story altogether though. Feckin glaciers. Crossing Moytura on the bike is a right fucker.

3pm start, Ill probably not make it till 7 or so, is there somewhere onsite I can park me car on the 1st night perhaps, Ill probably just drive straight there once I get to Leitrim county

3pm start, Ill probably not make it till 7 or so, is there somewhere onsite I can park me car on the 1st night perhaps, Ill probably just drive straight there once I get to Leitrim county

It's all pretty close together so just parking in the car park would be fine I'd imagine.

theres usually a car park field just beside the festival, field just beside it is best for camping as is furthest from all night shite techno if you want to get some sleep

is it anarcho munk asking about taxis from carrick to fest? that would take about 15 mins, 20 mins , 25 mins in nbad traffic maximum.

Chris OLP, just get dregin hand in cormys pass at gate and if they ask him his name fro him to remeber its skitcormy.
or be honest and say he the standin drummer. wahtever, it will be ok.

Yeah tell your ma to fuck off and stay at the fest why dont you?

There is NO MEAT CATERING AT THE FEST, I have found out.

BRING BOTTLED WATER. There WILL be drinking water available in them big 100 gallon containers also, so I'm told.

the site is pretty dry, a few patches of boggy bits.
camping fields are well dry.
carparks are right next to fest.

If anyone wants ta stand up to my ma, they're welcome to, but she'll fucking kill ya, now I learned my lesson the hard way (Mouthpiece at Annselly house about 2 years ago) So your fucked if ya think I'm putting meself up for another battering!

Yeah I cycled to Mayo from Dublin. But we didn't go a very direct route... Took in some of the tain trail cycle route, amazing http://realtravel.com/carlingford-photos-p2388960-2389029.html
It's not too hilly at all, if you're used to cycling you'll be grand. I'd say you'd be cutting it fine with 2 days unless you want to spend all day both days on the bike and sticking to main roads. If yis can I'd take it a bit easier and give yourselves 3.
Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back