pointless discussion about the dublin riot (1 Viewer)

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
kvt.red
do you reckon the media (and people who like to bicker on internet messageboards) will get as much mileage out of this as they did about the muhammed-as-suicide-bomber cartoons?

are you going to be in berlin for May?

you can get a free shower

riot_berlin.jpg

No. We'll all be righteously indignant for a while, but it'll only be the likes of Kevin Myers who'll keep talkin about it. It'll be in the backpages within two weeks.

1000smurfs said:
why is it a pointless discussion?
i suppose because of the high likelihood of all discussion about it being hijacked by everyone with an axe to grind (kevin myers, eoghan harris, spiritualtramp, etc.)

i'm just assuming that we're in for a few days or weeks of righteous fulminations, sanctimonious posturing, moral-high-ground-ism and, well, bullshit.

relevant, important and fascinating insights and analyses are likely to be thin on the ground. though that doesn't mean that they aren't possible.

my apologies, From the thread title i thought you were refering to thumped rather than the media at large

1000smurfs said:
my apologies, From the thread title i thought you were refering to thumped rather than the media at large
well i suppose a lot of the stuff on thumped is pointless discussion as well, but then we all know that

i love this thread
haven't looked at that other one since i posted on it;
i'm sure my contribution was entirely predictable and frankly i can't be arsed reading the rest of it now

i must say, 191 replies over a weekend must be a new record.

so tom, what are your views on labeling bands "unsigned"

that's far more interesting than a few hundred people tearing up o'connell and nassau street on a saturday afternoon and fighting with the pigs

i think i'll go petrol bomb cluas

thanks for the rep guys, but i didnt do this, i wish i had! i got it off that link short posted in eirecore. some great efforts there, check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back