Point, Counterpoint: Hooray for babies! vs. Hooray for sterility! (1 Viewer)

Bellatrix

I'm going to go with Hooray for sterility! after spending an hour trapped beside a thing that yelled all the way from London to Dublin before loudly crapping itself.

I do love babies though and would be all for hearing life-affirming stories that involve neither bellowing nor poo.

my da told me before my kiddo was born that you'll never look at other kids the way you look at your own kids... I thought this was a bit "uh, okay" but it's totally true, your will be prettier, quieter, nicer, cleaner, funnier and better behaved then everyone elses kid ever

most other peoples kids are rubbish

my da told me before my kiddo was born that you'll never look at other kids the way you look at your own kids... I thought this was a bit "uh, okay" but it's totally true, your will be prettier, quieter, nicer, cleaner, funnier and better behaved then everyone elses kid ever

most other peoples kids are rubbish

doesnt that therefore mean all the other parents in the world think your kid is rubbish?

it's a harsh ol world

characters_trashheap.jpg

Marjorie from Fraggle Rock - her kids were rubbish.

I used to think all babies were ugly. Now I just think most babies are ugly.

This morning Isabelle was making little whimpering noises while I was cooking breakfast. "Are you crying Isabelle?" says I. "No Dad I's not. I's whinging". Probably wouldn't have found it near as hilarious if someone else's kid said it

Probably wouldn't have found it near as hilarious if someone else's kid said it

oh yeah, Eala sang about 15 verses of the wheels on the bus one sunday morning on the bus into town, I think she made up 10 of them, I thought it was wonderous, enrapturing and proof her exceptional imagination and vast musical talent

I'd say everyone else wanted us thrown off

nieces are great. all the benefits of kids, with the ability to hand them back when they shit themselves.

Oh yeah! And even better... I can spend a weekend teaching her all kinds of funny things and leave her mum to deal with the result. It's great. She's such a cute little copy cat.

oh yeah, Eala sang about 15 verses of the wheels on the bus one sunday morning on the bus into town, I think she made up 10 of them, I thought it was wonderous, enrapturing and proof her exceptional imagination and vast musical talent
Hehehe
Herself is wearing out her granny a bit, so we're gonna send her to a local creche one day a week. The woman in the creche said after the first day "She's quite a character!" ... which I took as the highest of praise, but it probably wasn't really

Oh yeah! And even better... I can spend a weekend teaching her all kinds of funny things and leave her mum to deal with the result. It's great. She's such a cute little copy cat.

hehe. when my cousin elena was about 8 months old i taught her to bang her head off the wall.

proud as punch i was.

hehe. when my cousin elena was about 8 months old i taught her to bang her head off the wall.

proud as punch i was.

My neice does that... I'm glad to say it was her mother who taught her that one.

I taught her some sexy dance moves and some ugly faces last time I was down there. Must see how those are coming along.

cutest story ever!
also your kid has a gorgeous name. I really like the names Ava and Eva...shame they're variations of my own name (Aoife) so I can never call my child them...

I'm going to go with Hooray for sterility! after spending an hour trapped beside a thing that yelled all the way from London to Dublin before loudly crapping itself.

I do love babies though and would be all for hearing life-affirming stories that involve neither bellowing nor poo.

This is total bullshit.

'I loovve babies. I'd never have one though.'

I'm not going to waste time stating the obvious pro's of being a parent, but suffice to say that it is the single most life-affirming thing that you could ever achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back