Plumbing! (1 Viewer)

can you see where the water comes into your apartment?
you'd need to know this anyway just in case you ever have a leak along the feed to the kitchen sink.

Yeah. I think so. Comes into the bathroom, behind the immersion (exterior wall)

Anyway, going to get a man in - me Da!
He'll sort me out, or will lose serious points.

Just stick a cloth beneath the tap where it drips,that should kill the sound.

Tie a string around the tap where it drips and trail the length of string down to touch the sink itself. The drips should just run down it silently. Though it will look stupid and probably be really annoying to use the tap normally.

Anyone know what would be wrong if their hot water/heat timer keeps time and looks like it's working but doesn't warm when set? Yet, hot water can be turned on manually in the closet and get hot. Other than the timer I don't have another way to turn on the heat.

turning it on manually is probably just heating the second reservoir in the unit (definitely if you're using a boost setting). most likely the main element in the main chamber is gone and will need replacing.

turning it on manually is probably just heating the second reservoir in the unit (definitely if you're using a boost setting). most likely the main element in the main chamber is gone and will need replacing.

Boost setting? It's just an on/off switch in the closet for the hot water. Doesn't seem to do anything with the heat because even if turned on the heaters are not warm. When the timer is 'on' the closet has little box with two yellow lights that come on but nothing happens. I suppose I was wondering if it was some possible electrical issue or boiler issue. One would think the former since the hot water still heats? Then again, I didn't even know there were chambers. I know I will eventually need to call the landlord and have him send someone. I just kinda wanted to figure out the most likely scenario beforehand to cut down on time needing to be here for them to fix it. It's a pain in the ass to leave work to be home since my landlord lives in Galway.

Sounds like you have a boiler and a cylinder. The switch it the press just turns on an element in the cylinder that heats the water for taps/shower. The boiler does your heating and can also do your taps/shower. Sounds like on issue with the boiler, sorry to say it deffo needs a certified plumber if its gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back