Plug'd closing (1 Viewer)

really sad news this, totally crap.

been going to Cork for about 8 years since i started going out with herself, and Plug'd has always been there, and i always made a point of hitting it up, sure it's where you'd arrange to meet your mates when you got into Cork! Sound lads Jim and Albert, legends in fact. they even let me play records in the window of the shop, good times!

Oh and Albert has his groupies, i've met them, and they bring cake, it was good :p:cool:

and remember the red vinyl room upstairs? how sweet was that

When is the inevitable benefit gig?

inevitable cavalier comment ; )

Just a couple of things.

Thanks to everyone who dropped in music to sell in plugd over the years. I will root through what we have and try to get back to ye personally over the next week or so. We may have copies of yr album / ep still here. Plus, we may owe you for ones sold. If you want to give us a shout about sale or return stuff mail us at [email protected] .

Also, thanks to you folks who made it through the doors over the years. been a pleasure.

cheers

jim / albert

DDMurph about to hand bottle of Miller to toddler?
ha! was away for past few days so only saw this now

really hope everything works out and plugd returns again very soon. the place has been a huge part of my life personally for the past 8 years. it's gonna be real depressing walking past a shut plugd on washington st in the new year. been said loads already but it's so much more than just a place that sells records. can see the standard of living dropping pretty drastically in the next few months. if the closure ends up being permanent then it's get-the-fuck-out-of-cork time for me i think

Was really sad when I heard about this.
Plug'd is one of only a few things that keeps my sanity in check when im in Cork.

I'll miss browsing around for hours when I had no money to buy anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back