Playground Psychotic, Holy Ghost Fathers, Rollers/Sparkers - The Boatclub, 29/03/03 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 1

This review - Yea or nay?

• Yea

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
A bit of Mis-information above i think...

I was at the boatclub that night - shouting cheers at the bands and stuff.Can`t remember what kind of music it was - but it must have been alright.
Nearly fell over the merchandise table in an attempt to by some 7".Stood about looking at people for a bit.Then fell up the road after to Dolans where i paid an enormous amount of money to see BP FALLONS DEATH DISCO....MadienEngland were`nt on that night(thank christ).Then fell back out of Dolans - shouted at some people for a bit, lost a Damien Frost/Montana Pete 7" on the way up the road - and blacked out.
Thats my review of the whole night...

Originally posted by Rimbaud

I was at the boatclub that night - shouting cheers at the bands and stuff.Can`t remember what kind of music it was - but it must have been alright.
Nearly fell over the merchandise table in an attempt to by some 7".Stood about looking at people for a bit.Then fell up the road after to Dolans where i paid an enormous amount of money to see BP FALLONS DEATH DISCO....MadienEngland were`nt on that night(thank christ).Then fell back out of Dolans - shouted at some people for a bit, lost a Damien Frost/Montana Pete 7" on the way up the road - and blacked out.

maiden england was playing that night.
i met you at the gig too and you were completely hammers and had just bought some Dub albums. don't even front like i'm mis-informed sheehey or i'll fuck your shit up bad.

as for people cheering meaning something - people cheered for hitler, dude.
not that i wrote the review or anything. but i know who did!!!
andrew

Originally posted by Rimbaud

also yo - if you think that fuckin bp fallons death disco is better than an iron maiden covers band - you my friend are trippin over your own nuts and fallin face first into the ground.

fuck that nonsense.
and c'mon guys - the reviews section is for the reviewing of bands!! not for the reviewing of your night out!!
nobody cares what band you could have gone to see!!!

andrew

Originally posted by RAD-ALARM
also yo - if you think that fuckin bp fallons death disco is better than an iron maiden covers band - you my friend are trippin over your own nuts and fallin face first into the ground.

fuck that nonsense.
and c'mon guys - the reviews section is for the reviewing of bands!! not for the reviewing of your night out!!
nobody cares what band you could have gone to see!!!

andrew

Point taken - i forgot to put in that BP. fallon was CRAP!He thought he was revolutionary by playing the stooges/strokes....
where as me - i just went to knock back a few....iron maiden suck too though.

"you my friend are trippin over your own nuts and fallin face first into the ground." - christ!You must have met me that night then - cause i was`nt far off it!

"and c'mon guys - the reviews section is for the reviewing of bands!! not for the reviewing of your night out!!"
But are not going to see bands not a major part of our night out?Its all intermingled anyway.

Shite review andy - shite!(not to mention a very poor defence you made, for said review).
You going to be at Forstella Ford?I`ll drop tha semen of the sun off to you, if your there....

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
he aint been round these parts recently...andys cock picture must offended his sensibilities.phiff.!
ahhh so you miss me then..? :)

I'm on holiday since June the 1st but I'll back to be bored in work (and to post on Thumped) next Monday, talk to you then!

A.

Originally posted by egg_
e.g. Stoat were good but the drummer needs to watch his timing in the third verse and perhaps you should try the song in a different key that'd suit the singer's voice more ... who the fuck wants to read that?
Originally posted by rothko
Probably Alex
Probably not... I would appreciate a LOT if someone gave me such a feedback after a gig but that's not what a review is about, right? A review should give an idea of the act/show/album so that someone else knows what to expect, I do agree with the 'aul Egg_ here.

Nonetheless, I guess you'd like to hear something like "I didn't really like Stoat last night because of this and that" rather than "Stoat are shit" if you know what I mean... If a review makes some good points then it's worth reading but if it just says "shit" it's worth nothing because that's just the opinion of the reviewer (as Pantone pointed out somewhere)

Got to go now.... flying back to Ireland tomorrow (I do miss it, can you believe that?!? :)) we'll discuss more on Monday

Laters, A.

Some gigs are just shit. Maybe the bands were all having a bad day, and the sound was crap too. Or maybe the reviewer just hated the stuff. Musicians shouldn't take too much offence. Ye can't please everybody. And if absolute strangers approach you and your band after a gig, especially to say they thought you rocked, well then you're doing something right. Keep it real. Constructive critisism can come across as very condescending and smarmy too.

on the upside. Its fuckin sunny in Dublin! So I'm havin kittens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back