Play Offs (1 Viewer)

I hope Sheffield United win promotion. Not just because of their links with Derry City, but because it would wipe the Smile off the FA's face over the Tevez affair.

It's Burnley all the way for me. My Dad is a lifelong Clarets fan and still curses Jimmy Hill and his chin for getting the maximum wage scrapped.

Anything that's bad for Neil Warnock is good for the world.

Yup, delighted for both Burnley and Owen Coyle. I think they'll be a credit to the Premier League, although they'll probably suffer for their style much like West Brom. I'm also delighted not to have to watch Liverpool playing against Sheffield Utd next year or listen to Kevin Blackwell moaning and mouthing off. Phil Brown and Fat Sam are bad enough already.

Yup, delighted for both Burnley and Owen Coyle. I think they'll be a credit to the Premier League, although they'll probably suffer for their style much like West Brom.

I fear it could be a Billy Davis kind of situation where he got the team up before they could handle the level of play and they end up taking regular hidings. Hope I'm wrong though.

Burnley v Blackburn derbies next year. It'll be mayhem in Lancs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111

apparently that burnley play off is the most lucrative sporting game in the world??? like worth 100 million to the winner.

I fear it could be a Billy Davis kind of situation where he got the team up before they could handle the level of play and they end up taking regular hidings. Hope I'm wrong though.

Don't think so. derby battered their way in somehow and then played like a disgrace. Burnley play fairly clever football - enough passing to score goals but also pragmatic enough to know they aren't going to go all tiki-taka. Owen Coyle seems to have his head screwed on very tight (chairman also), plus their successes in the cups this season show they've got a bit of mettle.

Looking at who went down this season there's every reason they can get enough points to stay up, or at least that there will be three clubs shitter than them.

For starters, Hull and probably Sunderland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back