Play.Com questions (2 Viewers)

Gambra

Anarchic Harmonics
Website
www.noisenotmusic.org
Just a question, when you've ordered something and are looking back at it in the 'Order History' page, if I get this under the satus window: "Declined: 23/07/2007" does that mean the order is cancelled? I'll other the items again if it is, but I don't want to be charged twice.

Just a question, when you've ordered something and are looking back at it in the 'Order History' page, if I get this under the satus window: "Declined: 23/07/2007" does that mean the order is cancelled? I'll other the items again if it is, but I don't want to be charged twice.

As far as I know "declined" means that there was a problem with your card and you should have received an email from them asking you to contact them.

If you make changes to either your credit card details or your address they do this. It's a pain in the neck, but at the same time I guess it is done to protect you.

Was the name and address on the card different to the shipping name & address? They usually tend not to send if that's the case.

same person, different address usually works fine (like getting stuff sent to work).

different name could cause a problem.

Gambra
ring your credit card provider and ask for details of any pending transactions - or see if your account has actually been debited.

I was thinking of ordering a prezzie for my nephew. Could this be a problem if I want it sent to his address?

never used Play before.

I was thinking of ordering a prezzie for my nephew. Could this be a problem if I want it sent to his address?

never used Play before.

I've sent stuff to my nephews and nieces at my parents home with no problem. It's only when I change billing address or any of the card details that I've had problems.

Hm.. Well it's not my own card thats on it (thanks ma!). The email set up with it is my own and I got no email about CC problems. I ordered other things off it the day after that (not realising it had been declined) and they went through grand. Sent and everything.. Eh..

I work for play.com

If you've ordered a play trade item and there is any problem initially with processing it it will stay as declined and have to be reordered. If this is the case then the item should show in order history not outstanding orders and is never going to be charged.

If it is a case that an individual payment was declined on a regular play.com item (as opposed to playtrade) it may be that the payment just needs to be requested again. if this is the case if should show in your outstanding order list and there should be a red cancel button.

If you need to ring up then whoever you speak to will be able to tell you straight away by looking at your account.

oh yeah and your first order should usually go to the billling address but as long as the address is in the same country it should be fine. After the first order there is no problem ordering to any address in europe (with any name) as long as you add the address as a second delivery address and still provide the address the correct billing address with your card details.

Also if the accounts using your ma's card its then her name that's on the account so if you do ring she must answer security questions and she can then request for your name to be added onto the account for so you could then just deal with the account by phone yourself in future.

The phone lines have been having problems the last few days because BT are having difficuly coping with the amount fo people phoning the flood helplines which are also based in Belfast apparently.

I'm not even getting paid for this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back