Planetary Assault Systems, Ancient Methods @ DEAF (25.10.09) (1 Viewer)

what has 2fm got to do with this?

They are paying us lots of money to have their name associated with an underground techno night, so we accepted their offer :) No, only kidding, they didn't at all.
Magnetize is right - they are recording a number of DEAF gigs for broadcast this year and this gig is one of them.

Hey there,

We’re running a special group offer on online tickets over the next week, or while stocks last! With Eventelephant.com if you buy six tickets or more, it works out at €15 each as opposed to the standard online price of €18. This particular site is the lowest we know of for fees and charges too, so it’s definitely a deal worth availing of.

Go to the ‘Buy Tickets’ link and choose a plan that suits you!
http://www.eventelephant.com/earwiggle

While online sales facilitate those that can’t get into town or into Dublin in the first place, we do still encourage you to buy at Spindizzy, Road Records and City Discs if buying online is not your thing. Real deal physical tickets (carrying the distinctive PAS colour logo!) in each of these shops are €18 (incl. of each shop’s booking fee).

Planetary Assault Systems tearing Awakenings a new one at the weekend:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raAcT2d1T0A"]YouTube - Planetary Assault Systems @ Awakenings October 2009[/ame]

Oops, double post on AM interview, apologies.
Nice one Andy, we had your birthday in mind when putting this lineup together!

Someone recommend me some PAS albums or 12"s to check out. I've picked up the last few Ancient Methods 12"s after I heard that mix that was posted and they're fucking amazing. I'm not going to be able to make the gig but would love to see them live.

Someone recommend me some PAS albums or 12"s to check out. I've picked up the last few Ancient Methods 12"s after I heard that mix that was posted and they're fucking amazing. I'm not going to be able to make the gig but would love to see them live.

all of the planetary funk eps on peacefrog from the early-mid 90s are essential.

this was good ol fun. what was the story with all the bouncers standing at the front and combing through the crowd menacingly? they looked as if they were waiting for a full on techno riot.

luke slater's visuals guy was also pretty funny given that his projector was beamed onto a jet black screen behind him rendering his visuals totally useless.

this was good ol fun. what was the story with all the bouncers standing at the front and combing through the crowd menacingly? they looked as if they were waiting for a full on techno riot.

luke slater's visuals guy was also pretty funny given that his projector was beamed onto a jet black screen behind him rendering his visuals totally useless.

How were Ancient Methods?

Hi there,

Thanks to anyone who made it along last Sunday night.
The gig itself lived up to all expectations and more – Luke was itching to debut Planetary Assault Systems in Ireland, and played for almost one and a half hours in the end (long beyond his contracted 1 hour); likewise Ancient Methods had a total blast, and were blown away by the gig and crowd reaction they received in ALT.

Videos from the night (from Planetary Assault Systems, Ancient Methods, Sunil Sharpe) can be viewed at www.earwiggle.blogspot.com . If anyone got any footage of Rory and Giles we’d love to know so please get in touch if you have any!

We’re not sure of the exact date of our next event, but we’ve certainly got a few plans ready to hatch. Thanks for all the messages of support both before and after the gig – we always felt this was going to be an extra special event, and are glad it all went to plan!

As you may know, this is the last year of DEAF; we would like to extend our thanks to Karen and Eamonn for what they have done over the last eight years, and for how they have inspired so many club nights and collectives to think outside of the box and offer up so many unique events and lineups for each year’s festival. We hope some of you will make an extra special effort to get to any remaining DEAF events between now and tomorrow’s final day and night.

Yeah, we actually asked that bouncer to move from the centre of the stage which in fairness he did do straight away. I guess he was under orders but like you said, it did appear a bit intimidating alright.

Re: the visuals - Slater's manager asked for no white screen to be up on stage during the sound check, which we only found out from the lighting engineer later on. We are pretty miffed as to why she requested this, as it affected both their visuals and ours on the night. On the plus side though, there's nothing wrong with extra darkness we guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back