places to stay, shows to see in ireland? (1 Viewer)

claude

greetings,

we'll be travelling throughout ireland in july
actually we dont know the country so i want to ask for help
is there anyone out there who would be willing to let us crash at his place?
or somone who could help us with finding squats in his town?
last but not least of course which festivals, gatherings or shows are there in july???
any information would be great you can mail us at:
claudio.kloeckl(a)reflex.at

thanks in advance
jutta & claude

the squats just all got evicted, but im sure people will let ya stay in different places.
best thing to do is go tto a gig, get really drunk with some local people and then they'll put ya up in theres most likely seeing as they're drunk.

check out dublin obviously, there'll probably be gigs posted up here so keep an eye out i guess.
there might be an odd gig or two in kilcoole in july and theres always a place to crash there.
cork is a pretty cool city, nice old buildings and stuff like that if your into that kinda thing.

theres also record shops in dublin (secret book and record shop, wicklow st) and other places that are probably worth checking out.

Word on the street is that there's a rockabilly festival on in belfast in july, i'm gonna miss it cause i'll be in spain at a psychobilly festival! If that's your thing check it out, i don't know anything about it though, do any of you belfast lads?

demonica said:
Word on the street is that there's a rockabilly festival on in belfast in july, i'm gonna miss it cause i'll be in spain at a psychobilly festival!
im a fan of this sentence

bandit said:
did anybody see the blue moon boys in kilkenny, or was that gig made up to tease me?
Dunno, they're playing a few gigs in Ireland soon, Wexford, waterford, dublin, belfast and maybe a few others!

The Willy Clancy traditional Irish music festival in Miltown Malbay, Co. Clare on the west coast is happening from the first weekend of JUly through to the second weekend. Camping on the beach, small pubs filled with old men playing trad music, if you like that sort of thing...

hm yeah sounds nice but we got kinda stuck in scotland and will be leaving for ireland (belfast) tomorrow or monday---so, a bit too late for that one...

belfast on monday 12th july, eh???
be careful, its traditionally the most hassle-filled day of the year as Orengemen light their bonfire and march around the place for some reason. hopefully it wont be too mad this year, but still...
as for gigs next week:

Snowblood (scotland)/Easpa Measa (dublin) irish tour:
sat 17 july: belfast, the duke of york
sun 18 july: cork, freds
mon 19 july: dublin, the green lizard

sure the crazy name guy can stay with the gunther . as long as he is no scared of a little disco

...were in dublin right now, thinkin about going down to kilcoole and/or cork...or anywhere else that direction if someone offers us a place to sleep for a day or two.
soooo, anyone here with a bit of spare space on the floor/a bed/garden where we can put up our tent, please pm either me or claude.
cheers
jutta

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back