Pitstop Ploughshares Update... (3 Viewers)

The jury was discharged following legal argument as to whether a perception could be created that the Judge hearing the case at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court might be biased.

Counsel for the five men told Judge Donagh McDonagh that the defence wanted to establish if the judge had attended a conference in Texas in the 1990s when George Bush was Governor and the inauguration of President Bush in 2000.

While counsel for the five men made it clear they were not suggesting the judge might be biased, they did point out that the question arose as to whether a perception of bias could be created in the mind of an objective member of the public.

The Judge told the court that the detail of conferences he may have attended was not open for general scrutiny by the public at large and that the four points made by defence were half wrong and half right.

After calling counsel into his private chambers Judge McDonagh dismissed the jury and remanded the five defendants on bail to face another trial this Friday.

Got a txt from ciaran worker earlier.

Would be cool if people were free on Friday that they could come down on Friday to show some support...

What has been interesting so far is the complete absence of certain so called 'left' organisations supporting the 5 by any acts of solidarity on an organisational level or indeed a personal level.

I wonder sometimes why?

Maybe they know they cant sell any papers there?

I've been down a few times John, although I am in no way a left organisation. Sure the IAWM and a few other morons denounced the action way back in 2003 at the risk of losing their popularity, they lost it anyway but still never got around to showing solidarity.

Fucking Leftists.

weeler said:
I've been down a few times John, although I am in no way a left organisation. Sure the IAWM and a few other morons denounced the action way back in 2003 at the risk of losing their popularity, they lost it anyway but still never got around to showing solidarity.

Fucking Leftists.

Thats exactly my point... individuals have been down showing solidarity when they could..
Brand name lefty groups such as arswippys, sp, sf (if they count as lefty) etc etc.. have been conspicous by their absence..
Feckin disgrace when they maintain they are allegedly anti-war etc..
feckin hypocrites..
rant over...
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back