phantom fm sued? (1 Viewer)

roxy said:
This is beginning to smack of boards.ie ...

Aw.

Does any one know if I'll get into The Revs Blast show in The Hub this Friday night?? I'm twelve but look a lot older when I have my slipknot hoody on..

A thread about the whole thing appeared and very quickly dissapeared on the Hot Press messageboard this evening. Removed by Duan Stokes saying that:

"As this matter is before the courts and Hot Press is an interested party we've had a policy that it would be unfair to any of the parties involved to allow comment on hotpress.com or Hot Press.

Hopefully you'll respect this."

Pantone, Hot Press can report/comment on the licence or indeed the court case in just the same way as the BCI or indeed Phantom can, as long as they dont editorialise in a way that might effect the case. Newspapers, TV & radio etc do it all the time when they are involved in libel trials and the like.

Pete

Alan Latchley said:
What saddens me even more about it is the lack of coverage it's got, particularly in the papers and in Hot Piss magazine itself.

The case got covered in all the nationals weeks ago when it was first raised (albeit with "Geldof Sues Phantom" headlines as if he didnt have enough to be doing with putting the spice bitches back together again) and I'm sure it will be covered again later this week when the case comes up for mention. Unfortunately, the libel laws in this land are really tough when it comes to editorialising about cases before the court in a manner which might unduly impact on the outcome.

That said, i hope the courts tell Stokes/Hanrahan and co to go and do their crybaby thing somewhere else and let the phantom people do their thing. Fucksake, bunch of crybaby biscuit-eating motherfuckers. although i'm sure they will doing their best to do a HP Industry Special in Phantom when they station goes on air......what odds a four page jackie hayden special?

Back in court again today. Hearing lasted about 40 seconds! Basically adjourned again until next Thursday so the Scrollside boys can read an affadavit from the BCI submitted this week. Next week they will be talking discovery (sadly not the Scrapheap Challenge TV station) on various documents. Looks like this might run on a while. Head-is-wrecked.

Pete

Pete Reed said:
Back in court again today. Hearing lasted about 40 seconds! Basically adjourned again until next Thursday so the Scrollside boys can read an affadavit from the BCI submitted this week. Next week they will be talking discovery (sadly not the Scrapheap Challenge TV station) on various documents. Looks like this might run on a while. Head-is-wrecked.

Pete

Chin up, Petey.

F.

Amanda-silver-thumbs%20up.jpg

So....wait.....let me get this straight.....phantom used to operate as a pirate station???
Seriously?
Whoda thunk it?

What now? Well let me tell you
what now.
I'm gonna call a couple
pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to
work on homes here with a pair of
pliers and a blow torch.
(to Zed)
Hear me talkin' hillbilly boy?! I
ain't through with you by a damn
sight. I'm gonna git Medieval on
your ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back