Peep Show (1 Viewer)

New series starts next week. Here's an article from today's Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/tvradio/story/0,,2275877,00.html

It should occur to anyone who has watched the show. Or, at any rate, any man who has watched the show. People in general think men are Jez, Peep Show's shallow self-styled libertine; men themselves wish they were Super Hans - tall, confident, elegantly wasted, utterly amoral; but men are really Mark, a highly moral, but sexually repressed conservative whose idea of a good date movie is the four-hour German submarine epic, Das Boot.

Everybody knows that I'm Mark.

I so bloody excited for the new series, apaarently Jez's ma's gonna be in it. Does anyone remember who sophies brother is I think he's in Foals but I can't remember and it's driving me mental.

'And eat... oven chips... out of the bag... frozen... until I throw up on myself'
Might just be my favourite line

I can't wait for this. Sophie and Mark's wedding from the end of last season is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever had to watch.

and sophie's brother is in Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong or whatever they're called..His 'Happy Birthday' dance rules..

I downloaded this yesterday and was going to make a thread about it here then i realised I first heard about it on this thread..

Its pretty different - i'm definally getting into it.

Missed the new Episode last night. Any good? Is it worth spending my Friday nights in? The clip on C4 didn't seem very funny.

i thought it was rubbish

the "i'm the one" ending sums up how flat everything was

i think everything's rubbish though, except indiana jones

I saw a new episode over the weekend where Mark confronts the guy who breaks into his house. I thought he was finally growing a pair. Hopefully the rise of confident Mark continues...!

Last line was weak as hell yes.
Overall though I thought it was really enjoyable. They will never make anything as good as the racist episode or the trip to dartmouth again, but that's been clear since the 3rd series. I'd be more than happy for it to chug along at this kind of level for a while yet, particularly in the absence of fucking anything at all to compete with it. Which is surprising, because I really wanted them to just finish it after the last episode of the last series, on an unexpected upturn in the diminishing returns spiral and a suitably appropriate dramatic point to end on.

But last Friday's seemed very much like a back to basics kind of episode, it had the same feel of the first couple of series, if not quite the same quality. Fingers crossed for the rest of the series anyway.

Oh, Big Suze should fuck right off though. Mediocre character initially, turned into an appallingly one-dimensional humour vacuum last series. Annoying that she was only ever written in as a character because Rachel Blanchard became unavailable at the last minute before they shot S3.
Also, hopefully Paterson Joseph has looked at the old episodes and realised the Johnson of last series is shit compared to how great the character initially was.

Also, hopefully Paterson Joseph has looked at the old episodes and realised the Johnson of last series is shit compared to how great the character initially was.

He was amazing in the newest episode, you have to give him that . "I've got a plasma screen (in my office)..you put up a document on that baby, and you are really looking at that document."

Depends on a lot of factors - size of file, how many 'seeders' there are, your upload speed... It's called bittorrent for a reason - you download the file in very small bits!

You can usually get an album in 2-5 hours, a 30 tv show in 8 or 9, a film in 12-20 hours. It's a long time alright, but as far as I know it's one of the safest methods of file sharing. Virtually indetectable.

You need patience, young Jedi...;)

Your ISP could be hobbling you. Look up traffic shaping and you should get some ways around it.

I have 3mb broadband and a film will download in about an hour for me.

how many seasons of this are there? three? four?

seasons one and two varied between okay and good; definitely watchable. but.. season three? first two episodes were completely rubbish. I can't bring myself to sit through the rest of them they were so bad. shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back