Peep Show (1 Viewer)

Last line was weak as hell yes.
Overall though I thought it was really enjoyable. They will never make anything as good as the racist episode or the trip to dartmouth again, but that's been clear since the 3rd series. I'd be more than happy for it to chug along at this kind of level for a while yet, particularly in the absence of fucking anything at all to compete with it. Which is surprising, because I really wanted them to just finish it after the last episode of the last series, on an unexpected upturn in the diminishing returns spiral and a suitably appropriate dramatic point to end on.

But last Friday's seemed very much like a back to basics kind of episode, it had the same feel of the first couple of series, if not quite the same quality. Fingers crossed for the rest of the series anyway.

Oh, Big Suze should fuck right off though. Mediocre character initially, turned into an appallingly one-dimensional humour vacuum last series. Annoying that she was only ever written in as a character because Rachel Blanchard became unavailable at the last minute before they shot S3.
Also, hopefully Paterson Joseph has looked at the old episodes and realised the Johnson of last series is shit compared to how great the character initially was.

Can't believe you're dissing Big Suze, Carl. Or indeed, thinking about Peep Show a lot. I haven't noticed any real variation in quality between the serieseseseses, tho there are obvious high points.

Can't believe you're dissing Big Suze, Carl. Or indeed, thinking about Peep Show a lot. I haven't noticed any real variation in quality between the serieseseseses, tho there are obvious high points.
Here here. I believe the show has been consistantly brilliant from day 1. The last series had some of favourite moments. I'm speaking of the Christian Rock festival and when Jez and Hans join the cult. Funny, funny shit.

Series 1-5 boxset for 45 bones in Virgin. Nice. (C4 are really getting DVD's out insanely fast, Skins was out a week after it finished)
Is Series 5 available seperately? I have all the others and I missed some of the new series when it was on. Getting married and shit.

Is Series 5 available seperately? I have all the others and I missed some of the new series when it was on. Getting married and shit.

You can watch them on the Channel 4 website if you (unless you're using a Mac, for some reason.)

season 5 was the first i watched outsaide of dvd (my brother had all the dvd's so i was given them when he wennt abroad)

i think for posterity purposes i'll probably get the dvd for series 5 sometime in the future but not yet. the bonus features are usually quite good i find

I haven't been able to sleep over the past while and have been watching each of these series instead, it's incredible, how have I not watched this before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back