Peavey Valveking piece of shit! (1 Viewer)

BigDan

further to previous posts relating to this amp, i want to take it all back! two fucking gigs now ruined because this new amp died during the set! sent it back to musicmaker the las time, took 5 weeks to get from peavey to say it was a "loose connection" bullshit speak for "dont fukin know what it was". it just caved in at a gig in letterkenny last night, has anyone had a similiar experience? note the following:

- power light stayed on
- valves were still glowing
- no sound whatsoever!
- came back on after switching off and leaving for a bit
- went again!

is ther some sort of internal limiter that i'm not aware of? it was only turned up to 4 or so....

cheers

I played a gig once and the amp kept going silent. Thought it was my amp acting up and quickly borrowed another-same problem,took the pedals out-same problem. Turned out the jack socket on the cab was loose. The Jack wouldn't fit tight so someone had to hold it in place until we could finish the last song.
Wish I'd found out at the start and I could've taped it all together.

further to previous posts relating to this amp, i want to take it all back! two fucking gigs now ruined because this new amp died during the set! sent it back to musicmaker the las time, took 5 weeks to get from peavey to say it was a "loose connection" bullshit speak for "dont fukin know what it was". it just caved in at a gig in letterkenny last night, has anyone had a similiar experience? note the following:

- power light stayed on
- no sound whatsoever!
- went again!

is ther some sort of internal limiter that i'm not aware of? it was only turned up to 4 or so....

cheers
I've had a slightly similar problem with Pearl cymbal stands, but this probably belongs in the drum forum.

- power light stayed on
- no sound whatsoever!
- went again!

cheers

I've 2 Valveking Heads, never had a problem with either. But I've a Marshall head that used to give me a load of bother, not so much now. It used to stop working mid-gig, as in, literally just go silent. Then it wouldn't come off standby. Valves still glowing an all. I thought one of the valves may have been dodgy, and so the whole head just stopped for that reason, so i got em checked, and a couple of em changed. Same thing 4 months later! Then it worked again a few weeks after, and no bother since. Very strange...

Was looking at getting one of these, there's a deal on thomann that thie head and 4x12 cab for around e600. guess thats why it's so cheap.

I got one as a back up amp and its absolutely fine. I think there is always a chance you are gonna get a dodgy amp no matter how much you pay for it..

- power light stayed on
- no sound whatsoever!
- went again!

cheers
how do you transport it to gigs? in hardcases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back