PC VS MAC the result is in (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 56
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 4
My Das compute is acting up.

Thats leveled things out considerably

Hm. That seems like an unlikely statement. Do you have a reference? Or are you someone who defines themselves by their technology?

The person who defines themselves by their technology faces the problem that when other people criticise that technology - or even express a preference for different technology - it feels like they are also criticising the person. The person feels compelled to defend themselves, but is inevitably forced to do so by concocting absurd arguments about the technology's moral superiority over the other technology. But technology has no morals, and society has evolved other means of resolving differences in normative debates while allowing different opinions to proliferate (e.g. the legal system). As such, the endless oppositional debate of apple vs pc is destined to never be resolved, because there is no possible forum in which it could ever be finally resolved, and there is no prospect of such a forum being developed because society has no need for it.

I think this phenomenon applies to both sides of the apple/pc debate, but equally to other meaningless rivalries. In many contexts the wider meaninglessness of the rivalry is acknowledged, and the participants then engage ironically in the debate (most obvious example is football supporters, with hooligans and ultras providing the exception).

Anyway, to conclude, don't be a computer hooligan. Catch yourself on.

There was a Apple engineer on Reddit about a year ago talking about strain relief on chargers - the reinforced bit near the plug.
The TLDR (as far as I remember) was that Engineering wanted strain relief and Design said no and Design always win.

@7 - No tomorrow How often should I wash dishcloths? I'm not very diligent at this and I wonder if I am sitting on a potential biohazard.

Well, we all know that sinking feeling! Ahem.

Try and get in the habit of throwing them in with your regular wash, especially if your washing machine is in the kitchen.
Also, no harm in using your dishcloth when you give the sink a quick clean. Using a bleach-based kitchen cleanser (and a good rinse afterward) will have it clean as a whistle and smelling right.
I personally use a sponge with an abrasive side. It's the type you can balance on its side so it will dry out quickly.

I'm not convinced on the biohazard danger, but you will avoid having a stinky soggy sponge/dishcloth, which is my main concern here.

There was a Apple engineer on Reddit about a year ago talking about strain relief on chargers - the reinforced bit near the plug.
The TLDR (as far as I remember) was that Engineering wanted strain relief and Design said no and Design always win.

I think I love you.

I don't want to ruin the thread or anything, but i did google for a legit looking bench test.

mac-vs-pc-02-1111-de.jpg

The battle between platforms is over. In our tests, raw performance was almost identical. Support for third-party software was close to equivalent. While our Mac felt faster by a hair, our PC was cheaper by a mile. Our PC came with a bundle of free software, but our Mac was impervious to viruses. The point is, as tools, these machines are both hugely—and equally—capable. And make no mistake: In 2011, tools are what they are. Smartphones and tablets have stolen our attention and affection away from laptops and desktops, and they're not giving them back. Besides, Google, Facebook, Twitter and Bing, where we spend so much of our time, are apolitical. So, if you love Macs, stay put. Likewise for PC partisans—Apple's touch-inspired software and sleek hardware are neat, not essential. For everyone else, the choice is simple: Save your money and buy a PC. It'll get the job done. And if you're interested in the real future of computing, take that extra cash and pick up an iPad.

Mac Vs. PC: Ultimate Laptop Lab Test - Popular Mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back