pc email question (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
i asked a while ago about deleting junkmail in Outlook Express without having to click on the mail and the resounding answer was "use a different programme". This is to help my folks who have a piss poor internet connection and downloading a new mail application would be a nightmare. I noticed that seeing as they use Office they also have Outlook "not express". Is that any better?
I havent opened it but at least it can't look as crap.

Outlook has spam filters built in but they're pretty shit. I use MailWasher, but it looks like the free version is gone from mailwasher.net. Bummer.

The best thing to do could be to mark the email as "read" and then delete it using the shift + del button. Turning off the preview pane would help as then it shouldn't start downloading the message. I don't use Outlook but hopefully that might work.

I assume you're using IMAP to retrieve the mail?

I'm not too concerned with filters at the moment. I just want them to be able to delete junk without having to click on it and open it. Turning off the preview sounds like the easiest way. Thanks.

also. They had a problem getting their mail. turns out that the incoming server was input incorrectly. I fixed it but a few days later it had reverted to the wrong thing and they were unable to get their mail again. Why would a programme do that?

that shoulda got a mac

Norton Internet Security has a good spam collector, most junk mail ends up in one folder so u can just delete the entire contents without even having to open it. A highly recommended package for anyone using the net nowadys. Lots of other good features too, firewall, anti virus, spyware blocker etc.
Anthony said:
I'm not too concerned with filters at the moment. I just want them to be able to delete junk without having to click on it and open it. Turning off the preview sounds like the easiest way. Thanks.

also. They had a problem getting their mail. turns out that the incoming server was input incorrectly. I fixed it but a few days later it had reverted to the wrong thing and they were unable to get their mail again. Why would a programme do that?

that shoulda got a mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back