paranoid visions+support at the village(17?11) (1 Viewer)

YA and u r?
Don't think I like Cro Mags btw, friday nights gig in Bohs looks good though.

i am...well...here my myspace:www.myspace.com/varuka13

i was asking cause i got a funny pic of you at a gig,i dont remember wich gig it was though and i dont know how to post photos on this thing.

You should go to cro mags if you want to be a part of a memorable show although its a well fucking rip off to get in the voodoo these days.

who's playing on friday?

YA and u r?
Don't think I like Cro Mags btw, friday nights gig in Bohs looks good though.

i was asking cause i got a funny pic of you at a gig,i dont remember wich gig it was though and i dont know how to post photos on this thing.

You should go to cro mags if you want to be a part of a memorable show although its a well fucking rip off to get in the voodoo these days.

who's playing on friday?

€13.00 to see local band Paranoid Visions on Friday night, €15.00 to see a one off show from The Polecats in Voodoo same night, hardly a rip off.

If you are refering to The Cro Mags ticket price, they ain't coming from NY for a tenner each and a six pack

Showed up to the village about half way thru the fuckin THIRD bands set an there was still no life in the crowd, in the voodoo lounge everyones fullof life by the end of the first support bands set most of the time, definitley the wrong venue for PV plus the fact I seen fuck all usual faces, except me mates I showed up with, dont think anyone else there even had a clue who they were watching. And the bouncers were twats.

I got in for free and i landed up getting wasted back stage with the krazy ass dubtones so it was aalrite.

too bad there were 2 gigs on the same night,would have gone to both.

hello everyone,

just been reading all the comments! Couple of things to say....

1st: thanks to all of you for coiming to the gig
2nd: dead right...bouncers are all scum...its in the job description, but hey what the fuck, we should all be used to it by now...we were at pains to ensure they wouldn't use the usual prejudice at the door and that seemed to work ok, they seemed a bit scared of us and I had a run in with the head bouncer myself before the gig started
3rd: we were offered the village for a gig, and felt that we would like to play there as its a really nice venue with a great sound system, lights and stage....unfortunately the voodoo was booked out til xmas and we wanted to launch m.i.a, so there wasn't a great deal of options. We felt it was a calculated risk going up against the polecats and mdm, but the next night was the radiators, next saturday the undertones, following friday subhumans etc etc etc...what to do eh? I reckoned there was a whole heap of people interested in seeing us who weren't voodoo regulars...and given that I recognised, along with all of your heads, about 20 people there out of a total of 226 punters, I reckon I was right.
4th: as pointed out above, there was about 200 people there who I have never seen at any of our gigs before, I think they can be forgiven for not behaviing as they should do at a punk rock gig! ( a couple of them looked a bit shellshocked!)..next time maybe they might come to the voodoo and get a real education!
5th: yes, mexican dog circus....not my choice of band, but some people seemed to like them...would have liked to get more punk bands on the bill, but dubtiones and mongohorn were both pretty good
6th: odd thing about the village is that everyone thinks they have to leave after the bands...they encourage people to go, but loads stayed on and the bar oopened again after 10 minutes and we stayed until about 1am listening to a dodgy DJ set. I sussed that out at the juliette lewis gig...just stayed with me pint and ignored the bouncers...'twas no problem

anyway thats it!

see you at the voodoo xmas aprty which I think we are doing now after all, or failing that at the subhumans gig

cheers

P.A
(paranoid visions information and public relations unit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back