Paranoid Visions in 10 Euro Entrance Fee Shocker! (1 Viewer)

Maybe because their was about drunken 40 people in the dressing room which prob holds 8 and Chris just didn't pace himself, was fairly jarred by 7.30-8ish.

Maybe because their was about drunken 40 people in the dressing room which prob holds 8 and Chris just didn't pace himself, was fairly jarred by 7.30-8ish.

no the main problem was that, unknown to us, there was an alrm that went off whenever someone lit up a fag. so it must have been like a 1989 rave up in the office with the woo-woo-woo constant noise! when they came down to complain they got very little reaction and then noticed that people had been pissing in the shower and that a table was broken, and that of the 25 people backsatge, only 2 were in bands!!!

in fairness, i can see their point, but at the time i was totally pissed off and almost at the "oi pal, do you think you are doing me a bleedin favour renting me a venue for a couple of hundred punters to buy bundles of drink at premium prices til 2.30 am" level. Thankfully I didn't voice my, frankly unreasonable, thoughts at the time!

i thought the sound was pretty good for the first 2 bands, but reckon that the full crowd being in when we were on absorbed some top end until he fixed it...in fairness its a new venue and a new PA so it will take its time before the sound guy can learn how to compensate for the crowd sizes

in general i thought it was a great night and a deadly venue to play in, nice low stage and a small venue feeling, but still quite comfortable with a couple of hundred people in it

and Chris just didn't pace himself, was fairly jarred by 7.30-8ish.

He's like a young Dregin with regards to the drink, only Dregin has the experience of keeping it all together a little bit better.:p

Pity he left tho cos the banter with him was great.

no the main problem was that, unknown to us, there was an alrm that went off whenever someone lit up a fag. so it must have been like a 1989 rave up in the office with the woo-woo-woo constant noise! when they came down to complain they got very little reaction and then noticed that people had been pissing in the shower and that a table was broken, and that of the 25 people backsatge, only 2 were in bands!!!

ha that was the best thing about the whole night.

in general i thought it was a great night and a deadly venue to play in, nice low stage and a small venue feeling, but still quite comfortable with a couple of hundred people in it

Yeah that's a good assesment of it. It has all the advantages and atmosphere of a small venue while catering for much more people.

I've been hearing that MCD run the whole joint tho??

ha that was the best thing about the whole night.

Yeah that's a good assesment of it. It has all the advantages and atmosphere of a small venue while catering for much more people.

I've been hearing that MCD run the whole joint tho??

like a load of venues, mcd own the place alright, but its just a venue. Unless its an mcd event, they have nothing to do with anything that goes on there...ie the staff are academy staff not mcd

in fairness, i can see their point, but at the time i was totally pissed off and almost at the "oi pal, do you think you are doing me a bleedin favour renting me a venue for a couple of hundred punters to buy bundles of drink at premium prices til 2.30 am" level. Thankfully I didn't voice my, frankly unreasonable, thoughts at the time!

i thought the sound was pretty good for the first 2 bands, but reckon that the full crowd being in when we were on absorbed some top end until he fixed it...in fairness its a new venue and a new PA so it will take its time before the sound guy can learn how to compensate for the crowd sizes

Great post.LOL:)
Thanks for having us.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That table incident was fuckin bizarre :p - "I JUST DON'T LIKE THE VENUE - *SMASH*"

Fuckin deadly night. Of course I was out of me bin from early on and missed most of Shame Academy :( What I saw of em was fuckin brilliant. Alot better than I'd expected em to be, tbh. Really liked Liz Is Evil and of course Moutpiece and PV never fail to be fuckin amazing. Still fuckin hungover. Slept until 5pm today. Ballixed.

Yeah I'm still in rag order,but I was gargling last night as well,celebrating Shorts' birthday.

drank a 1.125 litre of vodka between three of us till 9am. the d.t's were unbelievable. cheers to everyone who made sure i wasnt without a drink for the whole night, from what i remember it was a good birthday. gary it was great chattin to you too and to have the pleasure of you sitting on me lap

twas a good gig alright, enjoyed the crack as much as anythjing else. the side area for the sitting down was good as well.
the sound needs working on though, too much drums inthe mix making everything else having to work too hard to break through - result = distorted mess!

Great night. Managed to be somewhat sober for Moutpiece, too drunk for memories to form of the rest of the bands.

I do remember Anarcho kicking me in the balls and now I'm having trouble sitting down, so I assume I enjoyed myself.

Can't remember a thing. Think I ended up in Portmarnock on the seafront. No recollection of getting there. Good night

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back