Paper Cut Out/Tracer Amc/The Coldpoon Conspiracy gig (1 Viewer)

well, you arrange a date and i'll ask the lads if we can do it... i guess a saturday night would be best... dundalk might be nice to do on the way up... anyone know any bands from dundalk we could play with in the spirit store or something?

Death Monkey said:
yeah hag i'd love to get you up. heheheheh.... ahhh.

seriously tho, yeah. but leave dublin before four this time, ok? ok.

EDIT ah fuck. this is bernard, aka b, from the killing spree... stupid log in stuff. damn. that's bound to take away from the humour. fuck. damn. fuck.

:)

hag said:
well, you arrange a date and i'll ask the lads if we can do it... i guess a saturday night would be best... dundalk might be nice to do on the way up... anyone know any bands from dundalk we could play with in the spirit store or something?
try Red Twelve or Wickerman, wickermans ur best bet. Tell them that you once played with Hylton Weir ;)

Or better yet play with Hylton Weir!

that's bullshit. my sauce was delicious, everyone wanted more!!! why you lie like this? granted, i was kinda messy but that's because i was drinking absinthe at the time... no chance we'll ever learn real songs, sorry lady... you gotta accept us the way we are... all messy and amusing.

treelo said:
you're the messiest cook i've ever seen, and your 'sauce' was 90% tomato purée. greg bringing absinthe was your band's only redeeming characteristic. we can do it again soon, just as soon as you learn some songs. and i mean real songs, no messin this time.

b, don't let them into your house.

ah come on... we'll need access to a cooker and a fridge. dave sleeps in a fridge... and a sofa and some chairs. that's actually about it. and our fee for playing is a yoke each and a bottle of whiskey! people gave us money last time... we don't want money!!! well, enough to pay for petrol but apart from that, it's yokes and whiskey, it's in our rider for fuck sake...
B for the Spree said:
they can pitch a tent out the back. with the hair and the beer and the vomit and the crying and screaming and the oi-ney...

yo, ipsmo on the contactsmo, eh? you got phone number or email for these guys? ta. played with hylton weir loads of time, killer drummer, that was about it... better for merv to give up that crooning and sit down and shut the fuck up. ;)
sparse said:
try Red Twelve or Wickerman, wickermans ur best bet. Tell them that you once played with Hylton Weir ;)

Or better yet play with Hylton Weir!

yeah, but that was before you knew me... now that you know me, surely i can pitch in your back garden this time? because you know i'm not mad and all that? :p oh deary deary me... when you announcing those killer shows?
Buckrake said:
i made them pitch a tent in my mate's house! heh heh...

Buckrake is the man for tents.

He helped me out a lot at Mór.

But here's a odd incident:

I woke up on the Sunday morning at Mór and looked towards the tent where Buckrake had laid his head.

I shouted over to him:
"Hey, M___, nice pole-work there"

And his reply:
"I'm not using a pole"

has anyone actually ever seen this demi-baguette? when people continually make reference to something no one can actually see, you'll find a lot of the time it turns out to be 2 inches. i know this from my gay days.

billygannon said:
And his reply:
"I'm not using a pole"

hag said:
yeah, but that was before you knew me... now that you know me, surely i can pitch in your back garden this time? because you know i'm not mad and all that? :p oh deary deary me... when you announcing those killer shows?

i was kinda hoping you'd all fuck off back to dublin once we'd had our way with you.

will annouce gigs soon.

you mean those level 42 reunion gigs, right?

does someone need a tiggle? smoochie boochie? snuggles? :) yeah, the *ahem* level 42 gigs, sure.
Mark King said:
i was kinda hoping you'd all fuck off back to dublin once we'd had our way with you.

will annouce gigs soon.

you mean those level 42 reunion gigs, right?

hag said:
yo, ipsmo on the contactsmo, eh? you got phone number or email for these guys? ta. played with hylton weir loads of time, killer drummer, that was about it... better for merv to give up that crooning and sit down and shut the fuck up. ;)
http://www.wendimiller.com/
http://www.redtwelve.com/

and for once your probably right!

"WWWWaiting SOOOO LLONNGGG!!!!"
great stuff

http://thumped.com/music/Hylton_Weir-Waiting_for_an_answer.mp3
http://thumped.com/music/Hylton_Weir-EndsWithoutFinishes.mp3
http://thumped.com/music/Hylton_Weir-Seals_our_bright_escape.mp3

we dont do eggs hag, sorry, we're the friendly vegans round these parts... and is bourbon ok? apart from that yer on. saturday night will need to be booked a good bit in advance. maybe our 7" launch night (this is the night when we attach old funk 45s to the side of a bottle rocket and aim them at students... wacca wacca)?

Would I be correct in thinking that this band supported Therapy in the village sometime last year or the year before that ???

I seem to remember some Mogwai-type Nordy outfit opening for them....

no way sir. paper cut out just blew me away tonight. i wanna go learn how to play music again. it was fast and spiky and amazing. anyone into fucked up punk like swing kids or sweep or les savy fav etc dont miss this one... angular genius. YES!

PAPER CUT OUT

http://www.jealousrecords.com/main.html (check jukebox for sounds..)
http://www.n-e-twork.net/papercutout
(there is another site too, but i cant find it at the moment)

=========

THEIR SOUND
So, another gem of a band has burst out of the north east of late.
Paper Cut Out are a trio of jazz infused maniacs. You could call their music post hardcore or post punk or something like that, but to be honest they don't fit easily into any of those categories.
Some have compared them to Sweep The Leg Johnny without the sax, with a touch of Fugazi, but that's just a start. Everything is intricate, complex, fast and daring. The live set is blistering, a flash of fury, gone in the blink of an eye.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS BAND
Their two song seven inch will be availble in stores and distros on September 22nd and from the band an by mailorder before that. In the meantime you can catch them live on tour with This Aint Vegas in July.

REVIEWS
'With the same urgency of early Fugazi or Nation of Ulysses, the rhythmic thrust of Sweep The Leg Johnny and the tightly controlled chaos of a free-jazz combo off their faces on something nasty, over the course of two short sharp electric shock's Newcastle's Paper Cut Out stake their claim as one of the most exciting new bands in the post punk underground. Second track 'less a roof, more a ceiling' is pretty much recorded live and more invigorating than anything a band with a producer and a budget could come with. Smells like revolution here'
Kerrang

'There’s a punk feeling in the air again, a reductive ethic that allows anyone to walk into a studio, plug in and jerk off. Only a few can bring anything worthwhile out of the effort though, mclusky for one, Paper Cut Out for two. Actually, Paper Cut Out sound remarkably similar to Mclusky, not a bad thing and certainly not a career-killer given the latter’s current status as ‘mere’ cult band; the differences come in the freak beats that edge away from straight forward rabble rousing and into the realms of Erase Errata and Liars, without diving headfirst into an already over-populated pool. Sporadically incandescent and intermittently annoying, PCO will either burn bright or knock themselves out; my money’s on the former.'
Logo

Tracer AMC - Flux and Form LP
The Wire, Tom Ridge
26th February 2004

The debut album from Belfast quartet Tracer AMC is a bridge between sinuous Slint and limpid Television-style guitar rock. Eschewing extremities of volume and experimentation, Tracer AMC opt for a smooth approach, with subtle changes in mood and tempo, enabling them to shift between the aggressive, anthemic and contemplative while maintaining a compulsive momentum. This instrumental music's grace and strength are most powerfully evident on tracks like the swirling opener "Some Electric", and the cooly expressive "Catherine Holly" and "Nineteen", which grow from the chiming interplay of twin guitars to strident peaks of catharis, with the group displaying an impressive mastery of the epic.

AUDIO here-
SITE here

Tracer AMC Biography

Flux and Form is the debut album from Belfast based instrumental four piece Tracer AMC. Compared to such bands as Godspeed You Black Emperor!, Mogwai and Tortoise, Tracer AMC have unashamedly placed their own distinctive stamp on the genre with their full length opening statement, a vast progression from their previous releases.....

more here

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back