Paper Cut Out/Tracer Amc/The Coldpoon Conspiracy gig (1 Viewer)

damien

Since 2000
GZ presents

PAPER CUT OUT - Newcastle, UK post-punk, jerky dynamic rock like fugazi in a fight with sweep the leg johnny. Ex-skip day toner
TRCAER AMC - Long-running Belfast instrumentalists. Dublin release gig for their long awaited debut album "Flux and Form".
THE COLDSPOON CONSPIRACY - Busy locals who've just released their acclaimed debut "Plays Well With Others".

The Lower Deck, Portobello (Beside portobello college/rathmines canal bridge)
Monday 1 March 2004
Show starts at 9, admission is E6

http://www.traceramc.co.uk/
http://www.thecoldspoonconspiracy.com/
[email protected]

Upcoming in '04: Leatherface, True North, Koaspilot/Angora Static, Macrocosmica, Against Me!, Grabass Charlestons

Tracer AMC's new album reviewed in muso monthly:

Tracer AMC - Flux and Form
The Wire, Tom Ridge
26th February 2004

The debut album from Belfast quartet Tracer AMC is a bridge between sinuous Slint and limpid Television-style guitar rock. Eschewing extremities of volume and experimentation, Tracer AMC opt for a smooth approach, with subtle changes in mood and tempo, enabling them to shift between the aggressive, anthemic and contemplative while maintaining a compulsive momentum. This instrumental music's grace and strength are most powerfully evident on tracks like the swirling opener "Some Electric", and the cooly expressive "Catherine Holly" and "Nineteen", which grow from the chiming interplay of twin guitars to strident peaks of catharis, with the group displaying an impressive mastery of the epic.

Link: www.thewire.co.uk

Not bad like.

damien said:
GZ presents

PAPER CUT OUT - Newcastle, UK post-punk, jerky dynamic rock like fugazi in a fight with sweep the leg johnny. Ex-skip day toner
TRCAER AMC - Long-running Belfast instrumentalists. Dublin release gig for their long awaited debut album "Flux and Form".
THE COLDSPOON CONSPIRACY - Busy locals who've just released their acclaimed debut "Plays Well With Others".
hype!
hype!
hype!

this should be deadly, haven't heard either band, but really lookin forward to seein them both.
should be rad.

will that suffice, fishboy?

hag said:
are the coldspoons going to stop playing gigs any time soon?
hag, were you at squall? ricki from the killing spree met someone from daemien frost. i was wondering if it was you. i really want to kiss your ass.

nope, that was greg. he's only kinda in daemien frost anyways. i really wanted to go but am totally brokie until pay day. they were totally amazing i suppose...
B for the Spree said:
hag, were you at squall? ricki from the killing spree met someone from daemien frost. i was wondering if it was you. i really want to kiss your ass.

hag said:
nope, that was greg. he's only kinda in daemien frost anyways. i really wanted to go but am totally brokie until pay day. they were totally amazing i suppose...
yeah they were, woulda been nice if they'd played in my living room, feel kinda bad that they spent ages driving arond belfast wondering what the fuck happened to their gig.

daemien frost should play in belfast sometime.

damien said:
GZ presents

is there anywhere i could hear these guys?
(apart from in the lower deck next monday)

have they released anything?

i ain't raggin, just curious :) you guys are giggin' more than morello, and they ain't mean feet! surely you're bored shitless playing gigs now?
coldspoon con said:
between 1.30pm and 5pm next Tuesday, yes.

that is, if you're lucky.

why you raggin on us, hag:confused:

ronan said:
is there anywhere i could hear these guys?
(apart from in the lower deck next monday)

have they released anything?
7" available on jealous records. i think damo has a copy. its good, pretty discordant riffs and beats dropped here and there and funny abstract lyrics shouted in time- go down swingin'...

eh, we'd like to. we'll play anywhere that isn't dublin... can you sort something out for us? treelo, you fucking loved every second, especially when my sauce splattered your wares. that was your favourite part.
B for the Spree said:
yeah they were, woulda been nice if they'd played in my living room, feel kinda bad that they spent ages driving arond belfast wondering what the fuck happened to their gig.

daemien frost should play in belfast sometime.

hag said:
eh, we'd like to. we'll play anywhere that isn't dublin... can you sort something out for us? treelo, you fucking loved every second, especially when my sauce splattered your wares. that was your favourite part.
i loved the way you didn't show up until after 10pm. that was my favourite bit.
well no, my favourite bit was the following day, when you left. it was beautiful.

but my sauce! the delicious meal i cooked for everyone... that and the absinthe... actually, i had a great night! :) can we do it again soon?
treelo said:
i loved the way you didn't show up until after 10pm. that was my favourite bit.
well no, my favourite bit was the following day, when you left. it was beautiful.

hag said:
i ain't raggin, just curious :) you guys are giggin' more than morello, and they ain't mean feet! surely you're bored shitless playing gigs now?
Yeah, don't tell me about it, the only reason I keep my head down while playing guitar is because I'm totally asleep, maybe I'll try to make it more interesting by spitting cider across people from Kilkenny like the singer from Squall.

he did that? fuck, i'm so sorry i didn't get to see those guys... were they amazing? or ok? or wha?
sparse said:
Yeah, don't tell me about it, the only reason I keep my head down while playing guitar is because I'm totally asleep, maybe I'll try to make it more interesting by spitting cider across people from Kilkenny like the singer from Squall.

The singer's back leg was fairly lethal-acting

I thought they were deadly, apparently a lot of people didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back