PAPER CUT OUT/ THE KILLING SPREE/ YAKUZA - Belfast, Saturday night (2 Viewers)

oh shit

if anyone cares... gig has moved to the Errigle Inn due to licensing hassles. headache. think my eye is going to burst. it'll be spectacular.

A lot of people weren't the best in the treasure island days... Like anyone who worked for robert stevenson :p

only indie in the sense that they do absolutely everything for themselves... they recorded an album last year but can't afford to release it. they did a uk tour too and they're much tighter than they were even a year ago nevermind three...
their new material sounds a lot like the minutemen in parts, moving away from the sonic youth sorta sound they had before- now its all weird times and strange juxtaposed riffs with weird dual vocal interplay... its brilliant.
one of my all time favourite bands ever.

the american Yakuza is ex members of American Heritage and is some fucked up metal with sax (if i recalls correct)
american heritage is the sickest shit ever

andrew

where are yakuza from? theyre not irish are they? cos a band that sounds like the minutemen and sonic youth sounds pretty cool

M.BISON said:
the american Yakuza is ex members of American Heritage and is some fucked up metal with sax (if i recalls correct)
american heritage is the sickest shit ever

andrew
you are correct. they're on century media.

american heritage/foe/art of burning water in limerick. fuck sake. more band members than gig goers.
and then you hear of a load of ppl into isis/neurosis around limerick. american heritage / isis / neurosis not too far removed if you ask me. am heritage are probably dirtier than isis though.

Alan Remorse said:
where are yakuza from? theyre not irish are they? cos a band that sounds like the minutemen and sonic youth sounds pretty cool

they're from DC... Dungannon and Coalisland. Based in Belfast. Played in Dublin a few times too, with Large Mound and stuff. The drummer occasionally puts out Nova Wreck zine which is always very nicely done (cos he takes two years to do it). i think the site is www.scream4yakuza.co.uk including mp3 of 'everyone thinks im a dinosaur' which is old but still awesome, it's not one that you'd compare to minutemen tho, that's more recent. aw shucks i love em.

Liadain said:
I totally read that wrong at first

medusa.jpg

andrew
ps - the yakuza i was talking about is from chicago. the yakuza i've never heard is from belfast (i think). yakuza is a pretty shit name for a band. MAFIAS would be way cooler. or just FIRES

trev said:
american heritage/foe/art of burning water in limerick. fuck sake. more band members than gig goers.
and then you hear of a load of ppl into isis/neurosis around limerick. american heritage / isis / neurosis not too far removed if you ask me. am heritage are probably dirtier than isis though.
there was no one at the dublin show either, i don't understand it. i was looking forward to the cork gig but they missed their ferry.

treelo said:
there was no one at the dublin show either, i don't understand it. i was looking forward to the cork gig but they missed their ferry.

it was 13 people in the poxy sugar club and i don't even think the camenbert quartet played afterwards! it was a bit silly but oh well, but the bands were deadly and that's all that matters. i was seriously gonna get my mosh on but damo was all fucked up and had to sit down and he harshed the whole thing for me...

andrew

Liadain said:
fuck you
i'm totally stealing all your friends off you
you and ed are kicked out of the impending nuptials aswell

that's fine, i have too many friends as it is and if darren gets dropped, so be it...my bud whose road you live on just came back from australia yesterday so it's pretty much a straight swap.
i also never intended on marrying that ed, sorry ed. harry potter ed, sure.
andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back