Pajo's Junkbox (1 Viewer)

roxy said:
you ask a good question...I can't even remember it. I guess I was still very young when it was cancelled.

I was more of a SuperTed kid.

SuperTed as Gaeilge?

I seem to recall Pajo having a boat at some point as well, but this might have been just for one episode.

As early as 1976 RTE's childrens department were ordered not to junk children's programmes (non studio based or outside broadcast) and instead build up a reserve of episodes which could be syndicated over the course of one year.

That's what they did with Bosco. Kept making episodes until 1987 when they had enough for one year (250 +) and then stopped. All the external films shot for the series (Magic door instalments) still survive in their entirety.

Studio-based programmes did not fare so well however. A lot of Anything Goes has been wiped and presumably the same fate has met Pajo's Junkbox.

The only footage of Dempsey's Den / The Den from its inception (1986) until around 1993 is amateur off-air VHS recorded by a fan of the show. Thankfully, he was so religious in his taping that the complete series exists.

Kudos Nigbbbth. Consise as always.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Action Station Saturday. They used to show Get Smart. One of my all time favourites.

uncle_meat said:
fair enough, but i thought wanderly wagon was wiped, erased. read erased, but i got a dvd of the stuff recently so presumably this is not the case???

No. That was an incorrect rumour which started circulating around 15 years ago.

Wanderly Wagon started in 1968 and episodes were shot in black and white up to 1976 (I think). Not many of those survive but I have seen clips on the @last tv TV Heaven section from 1998.

They have a number of post-1976 episodes still intact. All the ones on the DVD date from 1980 as far as I remember.

The chopping of the end credits on the DVD is crazy. Having to watch them separately makes no sense. The Bosco DVD is a lot better (presentation and editing wise)

nlgbbbblth said:
I remember Get Smart on Saturday mornings,
Action Station Saturday. Didn't that run in the year or two between Anything Goes and Pajo's Junkbox?

I'm tired.

Yeah i think so, mid 80s.

Was Pajo RTE's answer to Roland Rat?
Anything Goes was fairly good, especially your one with her DIY segment - make a telescope out of a used toilet roll type stuff!
Nggbblth, were you the person who told the story about your older brother or someone ringing up Angus McNally live on telly and calling him names?!

was it anything goes or youngline that had the discussion on racism featuring aidan walsh, brayo from paranoid visions and a couple of general chaos crew dudes? classy stuff

nlgbbbblth said:
A lot of Anything Goes has been wiped and presumably the same fate has met Pajo's Junkbox.

I did some archive research in RTE earlier this year and spent hours trawling through old episodes of Anything Goes. As far as I could see (although I don't know how many programmes were originally broadcast) it was all still there.

Bellatrix said:
I did some archive research in RTE earlier this year and spent hours trawling through old episodes of Anything Goes.

I've got jealousy literally coming out of my ears.

Bellatrix said:

Yes. I love any kind of yesteryear broadcasting, especially radio. Everything from the equipment used to the fucked up humour in some old american radio shows.

Last month i fell asleep most nights listening to Amos & Andy. Bad idea though, it was too much. A bit creepy.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Yes. I love any kind of yesteryear broadcasting, especially radio.

It was really interesting actually. I saw some incredible footage of Ireland in the 1920s - weddings, funerals, Corpus Christi celebrations, that type of thing.

Oh and an episode of Nationwide where my dad conveys a laissez-faire attitude to nude bathing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back