P J Harvey's new album (1 Viewer)

Psychotic no 2

Has anyone heard it? Just had first listen today. Seems almost entirely piano-based and some of it sounds 4-tracked. Very different but I likey so far.

heard one song and thought 'this woman is a genius'. very kate bush but i love that she expresses herself whatever way she likes.
thats one high voice she's got.
i love pj harvey.

havent got album yet.

Just gonna download it now and see what its like.

http://massmirror.com/download_frame.php?id=35925&fileid=79e2021c20ce529e7644d522a3464318

password: nodatta.blogspot.com

pirate%5B3%5D_1.jpg

I'll probably buy it at some point, I've every other one so far. Just wanna listen to it as it'll be a while til I can get it.

She's one a me fav singer's but the albums can be patchy, my fav album of her's would be is this desire?

I think bands that are influenced by her, yeah yeah yeahs being one are now making better records or maybe just records i prefer...tis the law of nature i suppose

She's one a me fav singer's but the albums can be patchy, my fav album of her's would be is this desire?

I think bands that are influenced by her, yeah yeah yeahs being one are now making better records or maybe just records i prefer...tis the law of nature i suppose

I think 'is this desire' was her highpoint. thought the last album was a bit 'pj harvey by numbers'. glad to hear shes gone and done something different tho. she was one of my favourite artists for years.

here's hoping she tours it and we get a spot on the itinerary....30 mins at the picnic last year was simply not enough

She was fantastic in Manchester last month. Very chatty.

Heres one of the new ones - 'The Devil'. She had to use a metronome cos shes an amateur on the piano and 'her right hand wanders like a lost sheep'

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk_GmlJxJTg

I hear theres an embargo on reviewing the album til Sept 1st and the promos are all strictly numbered.

Heres one of the new ones - 'The Devil'.

I hear theres an embargo on reviewing the album til Sept 1st and the promos are all strictly numbered.

That's the opening track and one of the best ones as far as I can tell so far. She wears that dress on the album cover too. That song 'Silence' is track 7 and one of my faves so far too. Favourite overall record by her is To Bring You My Love. Karen O? Don't even go there. She's nothing without PJ.:rolleyes:

I am so looking forward to the album...begs for miracle to happen before Sept 24.

Shes one of those few people who can re-invent every time. Ok theres loads I know but this album, based on the 4 new tracks she did in Manc where all on the joanna.

On the much better quality original of the video i posted, soon to be made into a dvd of that gig, you can see the whole dress has tiny hand written lyrics, not just the big 'lick' 'curls' etc.

My fave is the 4 track Demos. First one i acquired.

thats what my itunes said too.
didnt think shed have a new album out already.
either way, dry is pretty good innit?

when i was a young lass living on a farm in yorkshire all isolated and stuff i used to listen to john peel and tape songs off the radio and listen to those tapes over and over - one of the most amazing songs i heard was water by pj harvey.

i think just because it was so not the norm at the time and i was discovering alternative, dark sounds 'dry' will always be my favourite pj harvey album.
The whole album is just pure excellence.

c90627795uj.jpg

Yeah, its deadly. I used to listen to Water all the time too.

And I really love the actual song Dry - it appeared on some later album.

when i was a young lass living on a farm in yorkshire all isolated and stuff i used to listen to john peel and tape songs off the radio and listen to those tapes over and over - one of the most amazing songs i heard was water by pj harvey.

i think just because it was so not the norm at the time and i was discovering alternative, dark sounds 'dry' will always be my favourite pj harvey album.
The whole album is just pure excellence.

c90627795uj.jpg

this new 'white chalk' PJ havery is taking a bit of getting used to... where'd she get all that helium?!
jury still out on it pour moi but bound to come round to it eventually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back