OXES tomorrow (4 Viewers)

Yeah it felt like everytime they got going they stopped and talked shite for a bit. Especially the drummer...who seemed to keep talking to steal the limelight.
They also seemed genuinely annoyed when not everyone turned around. The serious, school teacherish manner in which they addressed the crowd ...what was all tha about?
It was kind of sad when they were going "Oh everyone in London was moshing"...I mean know your audience.

Best Heckle was "Fuck off" by bloke in the back with the beard.

Tunes were good...and thats what counts

Re: OXES yesterday

Wheels said:
Crowd was kinda subdued....
Is it my imagination or does the voodoo lounge seem to suck atmosphere out of gigs? I've been to quite a lot there and there never seems to be much of a "buzz" no matter what gig it is.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Is it my imagination or does the voodoo lounge seem to suck atmosphere out of gigs? I've been to quite a lot there and there never seems to be much of a "buzz" no matter what gig it is.
i agree.the crowd was the only let down last night, no-one was really responding and i have noticed the same at most gigs there

Napalm said:
Discharge?
Missed that cos I was on tour. But I've been to plenty of others. I find it strange because everybody always moves pretty close to the stage etc for bands. It's a real shame because we aren't exactly blessed with venues at the moment.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
just the usual dublin crowd then gary? I know its hard to get worked up over anything on tuesday night but you know yourself that dublin is lame when it comes to any sort of crowd interaction and always has been....unless your some hyped up music press muck people just dont wanna know for the most part...:rolleyes:

schmegeggin said:
Did anyone record the gig on minidisc/video or sth like that?
I was hoping to go but my lift from limerick got cancelled at the last minute :(
some guy was videoing alright.
no idea who he was or anything but most of the set was recorded.

that was great. definitely worth getting out of bed for. i've some pictures and bits of videos, but i've not looked at the videos properly yet so i don't know if they're any good - crappy grainy digital camera quality most likely.

tommytrousers said:
just the usual dublin crowd then gary? I know its hard to get worked up over anything on tuesday night but you know yourself that dublin is lame when it comes to any sort of crowd interaction and always has been....unless your some hyped up music press muck people just dont wanna know for the most part...:rolleyes:
I dunno,the ratio of hit to miss gigs in there for me is not great.Dont get me wrong I've seen some good bands in there(Fleshies) but it just doesnt seem to work for me as a venue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back