OXES & DEL9 premiere in Whelans TONIGHT!!! (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (252)

*OXES*
+ Daemien Frost + Warlords Of Pez
Tonight (Thursday 13.06.02) in Whelans. 12.50 Euro.
First band onstage at 8:50 sharp.

The Oxes are about to release their 2nd LP 'OXXXES', "The vinyl and compact disc will be packaged in different artwork. The vinyl, which contains the original artwork, will not be featured on the cd due to public disapproval. Due to the graphic nature (drug use and nudity) of the LP, it will be sealed in a black opaque jacket. The compact disc artwork will feature the demonstration held in protest of the LP artwork. To see the original artwork that will appear on the vinyl please visit http://www.monitorrecords.com/oxespress.html". The Oxes are playing the following dates in Ireland:

13/06/02 - Whelans (Dublin) w. Daemien Frost & The Warlords Of Pez
14/06/02 - The High Stool (Limerick) w. Giraffe Running
15/06/02 - The Lobby (Cork) w. Giraffe Running

Read about OXES: http://www.monitorrecords.com/ultimaterebel/
Listen to OXES: http://www.epitonic.com/artists/oxes.html 3 free mp3s!
Feel OXES: Whelans, 13th June.

Oxes filled Whelans last time they played and said it was one of the best shows on their tour. This time, lots more people know about their bold ways now so make sure to get their early...

*DEL9 Premiere*
The amazing Del9 have, just this week, completed work on the eagerly awaited video for Daemien Frost's 'Duck Gait Parade', a track featured on their debut CD, 'Coprus Daemo', on Alpha Relish Records . Tonight, instead of playing the actual song, Daemien Frost will cease playing for the duration of the video and join the crowd to view it themselves for the very first time. Needless to say, they're very excited about this blatant opportunity to fondle unsuspecting crowd members and totally get away with it. 'What? I never touched your ass beotch! *I'm* in the band, *I* was watching the video.' Etc. It's gonna be wild!

*NEWS*
Sweep The Leg Johnny, The Redneck Manifesto, Daemien Frost, Saturday 14th September. Venue TBC. Watch it!

Only love,
Happy
xxx

2 Questions

Will their new CD be available as merchandise? Maybe gig goer's tonight can verify that

Will there be a charge for the gig in The High Stool in Limerick. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't and I haven't seen anywhere mention a cost for this gig while Dublin and Cork have prices mentioned.

Cheers y'all

.|..| !cheezy .|..|

Originally posted by happy
"The vinyl and compact disc will be packaged in different artwork. The vinyl, which contains the original artwork, will not be featured on the cd due to public disapproval. Due to the graphic nature (drug use and nudity) of the LP, it will be sealed in a black opaque jacket. The compact disc artwork will feature the demonstration held in protest of the LP artwork."

that's quite possibly the most confusing use of the English language I've heard in quite some time...

The Warlords of Pez rule. None of the other bands could compare to them in regards to greatness, stage presence and music quality on the night, except for the Oxes. On Boxes.

bold, bolder, boldest

ahhhhh - bold-rock .|..|

warlords were frightening, there's just something about a rapping giraffe that scares me. and i'm not taking that pill. (was that really a half bottle's worth of vodka that one of them knocked back?)

daemo were impressive. bizarre vid also - not sure i got it (or the music for that matter) but the guitarist will never make a comedian.

oxes, .|..| + wireless showmanship. what's with the moustaches though? (and kirstie snogging one of them and pouring beer down him as he came past)...

Re: bold, bolder, boldest

Originally posted by conor
oxes, .|..| + wireless showmanship. what's with the moustaches though? (and kirstie snogging one of them and pouring beer down him as he came past)...

Bleedin'
I gave him sticky lipgloss kisses on both cheeks - I put them up last year, it's not like I was some random groupie thrunning meself at him...bah

Most worryingly is that you know me but I don't think I know you??

Re: Re: bold, bolder, boldest

Originally posted by kirstie

it's not like I was some random groupie thrunning meself at him...bah

LIAR!

You know you want some of that moustache action.

But in all fairness as a fan I have to say its not the best I've seem them. It was me third time and the worst time, but I suppose the drummer was sick, but 5 min between each song, come on! and the sound was a bit dodgy aswell, or else me ears are still broken from Gluecifer.

Division of Laura Lee.|..|

that was great fun altogether. all drummers should wear shorts...

and they should be called the oxen
thskkkk...

Re: Re: OXES & DEL9 premiere in Whelans TONIGHT!!!

i eagerly await anything del9 do, even farting.

you stupid child.

Originally posted by pee pee

"eagerly awaited"
"daemien frost"

in the same sentence.

he kills me every time, does hag.

Re: Re: bold, bolder, boldest

Originally posted by kirstie

I gave him sticky lipgloss kisses on both cheeks

you lie! you gave him a full-on moustache-sucking snog and proceeded to attempt to choke him with beer.

Originally posted by sparse-icus
I hope Kirstie's boyfriend doesn't find out!

i hope he does :p
btw - before you start casting asparagus - i weren't drinking and kirstie was prolly hepped up on that F the warlords gave out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back