our brother the native (1 Viewer)

mamul

anyone like these youngsters? tooth and claw is very nice and has an animal collective and cocorosie vibe to it. the fuckers are only about 16 or so, i was down the field with a six pack of dutch at that age, fair play to them.

682290995_l.jpg

they better sound better than they look.

mamul said:
anyone like these youngsters? tooth and claw is very nice and has an animal collective and cocorosie vibe to it. the fuckers are only about 16 or so, i was down the field with a six pack of dutch at that age, fair play to them.

thats precisely what they sound like! they got onto fatcat from myspace! best fatcat signing in ages - like have you heard blood on the wall or the rank deluxe? sheesh:eek:

i like that blood on the wall album, the first few tracks are deadly anyways. speaking about talented nippers have yis heard this 13 year old female duo Dräp En Hund, sound to me like a rawer, rougher ESG. check them here

mamul said:
i like that blood on the wall album, the first few tracks are deadly anyways. speaking about talented nippers have yis heard this 13 year old female duo Dräp En Hund, sound to me like a rawer, rougher ESG. check them here

check this pair of youngsters out - a sister act from seattle called Smoosh
http://www.barsuk.com/home/splash

i saw these guys in Tilburg on Sunday, they really are nippers!
one of their dads was there to chaperone them.

pretty decent tho.

That 'Make Amends...' album is one dense listen, 8 songs in 78 minutes - I have yet to listen to it through. Sounds to me like they've handed Silver Mt. Zion their asses on a plate. 'Tooth & Claw' is more fun though.

Should be interesting live - free gig in Galway, yo!
Brian Conniffe playing live in Cork as support?

In FatCat related arguments Blood on the Wall's first album is pretty good. However, Rank Deluxe are dodge.

It is, but it also scares the bananas out of me for some reason!

There's a bit that's just several minutes of faded piano, and then a guy in the distance screaming "REJOICE... FOR THE FALLEN" a couple of times. That scared me a bit.

Good band though, and they got mad giddy about getting press in Ireland, back when they did get a little bit.

playing tonight in crawdaddy!

dorrs at 8pm, support from mirikalwhip.

our brother the native on around 9.45. they also have a live percussionist with them for this show, so its not to be missed!

There's a bit that's just several minutes of faded piano, and then a guy in the distance screaming "REJOICE... FOR THE FALLEN" a couple of times. That scared me a bit.

what a song though, opening track of the album, 'rejoice' 11 minutes of celebration, the lyrics are eerie

Yeah, good show last night in Roisin Dubh, close to mesmerising in some parts. They seemed like a sweet, sincere bunch too. Mirakil Whip nice droney, shoegazing vibes, I really liked the third last song. Those vocals are exactly like someone, just can't place them - probably just me, but they were reminding me of Red House Painters in spots. It may be just those mournful tones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back