orange madness and Pied piper extravaganza!! (2 Viewers)

Meet up at 2.30 at the top of Grafton Street (Stephen's Green end). Then, in a serpentine fashion, head down to the Gallery. Apparently John's got ten people for this. It'd be smashing to have more!

From that other thread about this:

Blackfort Organic Gallery presents a whole day
of electronic music,

2.30 pm to -8.30pm

the line up for Saturday the 12th is as follows,

2.30-3.15 Skkatter

3.15-4.00 Blue Food

4.00-4.45 Sean Mc

4.45-5.30 Sooh

5.30-6.15 Paul Watts

6.15-7.00 Ross Carew

7.00-7.45 Formika

7.45-8.30 Herv

I've never been to any of these Gallery gigs yet although I do pass them when they're on (i live over the street). Question: where on earth do the audience fit? What's the turn-out been?

enchance said:
I've never been to any of these Gallery gigs yet although I do pass them when they're on (i live over the street). Question: where on earth do the audience fit? What's the turn-out been?

The turn out has been getting better although
we have had some days when it's been
completely empty bar myself and John and Ed
who usually pops his head in,
For full size bands it's ridiculously small but the musicians
don't seem to mind too much... bless their cotton
socks!

The audience just squash anywhere they can when it's
busy,
the good thing is if the musicians are reasonably
loud there's no problem with hearing them outside the
gallery,
which was great on the sunny day when steerage
were playing the whole street outside was
full of people at one stage,
As it's a pedastrian street no one is in danger of getting
run over!
So fingers crossed for a nice day this Saturday.

this is gonna be deadly. if anyone's free on sunday, there'll be some big big goings-on in dublin too. big big big! talk to me about it at the parade or email/PM me if you're on for some smashing fun. cough.
sarah have you told the garda siocalóní about your march? i mean it's all over the interweb now so they'll know anyway, but just wondering if you did after that chat we had.
spread the love kids.
x
rhona

Don't know if it'll be illegal.
Basically none of the musicians will be stationary (except Eraserhead) and it's not looking for money (so it's not busking). And I don't expect a massive crowd. Just be damn awkward negotiating through a crowded Grafton Street.

Seriously though... Ross Carew-Formika-Herv is going to be socks-rocking.

(It would really help if you ate in the restaurants beside the Gallery for your dinner... Tante Zoe's is delicious. Y'know, they'd get behind the whole thing as it's bringing business to the street and whatnot).

sweetheart, i'll have a homemade roll and six dutch gold for 7euro from devanys. if anyone would like to pay for me to eat in any of the nice restaurants along the street i'd be only delighted to help out with the eating. but not the paying, see.

billygannon said:
Don't know if it'll be illegal.
Basically none of the musicians will be stationary (except Eraserhead) and it's not looking for money (so it's not busking)

oh and it won't be illegal, but they can declare it unlawful. which means fuck all except they can try to hassle people with 'public order' related offences. more bullshit. don't see it happening.

treelo said:
sweetheart, i'll have a homemade roll and six dutch gold for 7euro from devanys. if anyone would like to pay for me to eat in any of the nice restaurants along the street i'd be only delighted to help out with the eating. but not the paying, see.

Ah yeah.... that's cool. Just saying it to all the folk here who earn over €30K a year.
The lads in the juxtaposing and adjacent restaurants looked a little peeved on Sunday... so it's just a suggestion to stop them getting all moany.

billygannon said:
Ah yeah.... that's cool. Just saying it to all the folk here who earn over €30K a year.
The lads in the juxtaposing and adjacent restaurants looked a little peeved on Sunday... so it's just a suggestion to stop them getting all moany.

how much do you make a year billy?

andrew

treelo said:
this is gonna be deadly. if anyone's free on sunday, there'll be some big big goings-on in dublin too. big big big! talk to me about it at the parade or email/PM me if you're on for some smashing fun. cough.
sarah have you told the garda siocalóní about your march? i mean it's all over the interweb now so they'll know anyway, but just wondering if you did after that chat we had.
spread the love kids.
x
rhona

Hey missy,

didn't talk to our men in costume,
that's why the music is on in the gallery as well,

Also what happened to the Samba da da da da Drumming
festival in Drogheda,
I did nea see you at the thing upstairs in the Castle
inn with the rest of them brought me mother
there......it's a weird weird place and got all hot and
steamy with all the wiggling and stuff so we
left early not the stuff meant for the eyes
of your mother!

i missed everything this weekend! the drumming festival, the automomous zone cracking, and the pied piper saturday. feic! got myself run over by a car on friday so i missed the lot. doh! (and in retrospect, ow!)
jeez.
disco disco hurray!
oxbow hurray!
see y'all at both/either.
x

captain anomie said:
Em billy dude, if you dont mind me asking, are you talking GM hormones that turn you into Theo Huxtable?

Just aksin l !ninjaaaa ike...

Theo like I and you know dylsexy have black not I or comic am but.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back