Optical illusions (2 Viewers)

[video=metacafe;859124/amazing_audio_illusion/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/859124/amazing_audio_illusion/[/video]

yeah, i mustnt have a left side of my brain so

it took me a few gos to get this one. The couple of times I did I was doing other things and had the pic in the corner of my eye.

first time I was reading some text under the response that contains the image.

second time, and this always works now, leave the image on your scree. Look up slowly, but keep the image in your peripheral vision. See if that works. Oddly, when it spins the other direction it goes way slower.

0,,5675247,00.gif

if you concentrate it will spin the other direction

Nope, it's your brain. You can train yourself to change its perceived direction at will.

Hehe. It started off turning clockwise and then I started reading some music and looked and it started turning anticlockwise. This is wicked! I've made it change direction in the course of writing this sentence!

i was just about to post it too - its by far my favorite optical illusion. you have to stare at the ankles i think
yup - stare at her ankles and you'll notice it looks like she's not even making a full revolution in either direction, just kind of doing a 90 degree pivot back and forth...i'm making her "change directions" every 3 seconds.

I know you guys were prob too old for them when they were around but "art magic" magazine for kids in the nineties used to have these 3d illusions on the back of them. what looked like a mashed up pattern if you moved it slowly away from your eyes a 3d image would appear. how on earth do you make those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back