Opinions Please (2 Viewers)

Bobon

Hey,

Recently began using pro tools. Have started recording my own stuff.
I have a rough recording of one of my tunes. Would appreciate if people would have a listen and also a little feedback, positive or negative would be welcomed. Advice always appreciated.

Thanks

www.myspace.com/rezonatemusic

Sorry- listened a few days ago and forgot to comment. Only got the first 2 or 3 minutes before myspace fecked up.
Structure & programming is okay but to my ears the actual riffs don't really seem to work for what it is i.e. a techno/house track. Sounds more like you're coming from a rock background.
Still - not bad.
One bit of advice - (and I know you're new to this) - the sounds you're using for drums & melodies sound like basic presets i.e. not really likely to grab anyone. If this is all you have - try processing them with delays/filters/reverbs/etc to liven them up. Otherwise spend a while tweeking the synths you're using to come up with some interesting sounds.

I decided to take the tune down after a day. Having listened to it a few times, I decided it would be best just to finish the song the way I wanted it before letting people listen to it because realistically, its a bit bland.

Aoboa, thanks for the comments. Your right, i am coming from a rock background and was looking to try somethin different. However i feel it reminds me too much of early 90's techno music. Im gonna use different beats and drum sounds, probably try and make it a lot more ambient. Ill take your comments on board. Thanks for listenin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back