Opinions Please (1 Viewer)

Bobon

Hey,

Recently began using pro tools. Have started recording my own stuff.
I have a rough recording of one of my tunes. Would appreciate if people would have a listen and also a little feedback, positive or negative would be welcomed. Advice always appreciated.

Thanks

www.myspace.com/rezonatemusic

Sorry- listened a few days ago and forgot to comment. Only got the first 2 or 3 minutes before myspace fecked up.
Structure & programming is okay but to my ears the actual riffs don't really seem to work for what it is i.e. a techno/house track. Sounds more like you're coming from a rock background.
Still - not bad.
One bit of advice - (and I know you're new to this) - the sounds you're using for drums & melodies sound like basic presets i.e. not really likely to grab anyone. If this is all you have - try processing them with delays/filters/reverbs/etc to liven them up. Otherwise spend a while tweeking the synths you're using to come up with some interesting sounds.

I decided to take the tune down after a day. Having listened to it a few times, I decided it would be best just to finish the song the way I wanted it before letting people listen to it because realistically, its a bit bland.

Aoboa, thanks for the comments. Your right, i am coming from a rock background and was looking to try somethin different. However i feel it reminds me too much of early 90's techno music. Im gonna use different beats and drum sounds, probably try and make it a lot more ambient. Ill take your comments on board. Thanks for listenin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back