Opinions on tuners please folks (1 Viewer)

tommytrousers

Website
www.moutpiece.com
This tuner is €88 on thomann;

http://www.thomann.de/ie/korg_pitchblack_02.htm

it's the only one in my price range with an accuracy of +/- .01%.

need it for finally fixing the intonation on my Ric 4003 that has been bothering me for ages and is messing with my mojo.

Anyone know of any other tuner with that level of accuracy in the shops in town at a similarish price as the €15 shipping on the above puts it out of my price range for the moment.

Stomp box tuner preferable as well so it will get day to day usage.

Please note ric basses are a bitch to set up that's why I'm going for an ultra precise jobby. I did it before with a standard boss laddy (apparently they are =/- 1% accuracy from googling) but I was never 100% happy with it tbh, I but just soldiered on.

I reckon I will get value out of a decent DIY job as it will take me 3-4 hours to do a set up i would estimate would be the 2hrs work time needed to get a pro job done. The only person I've ever trusted with rics is Derrick nelson and his turnaround is too long for my liking.

Any thoughts?.|..|

Jimmi music store is great for set ups. They're cheap, fast, and the last time I was in there he had just done 2 ric bases.

Mine is accurate to +/- 1 cent. You're welcome to a lend if you want. the boss TU2 is only accuracte to +/- 3 cent btw:

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=122

I reckon 1 cent is enough, the industry standard (as recommended by Dan Erlwine and a bunch of other highly recommended repair people) is the TU 12 which is accurate to +/- 1 cent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back