oneohtrix point never - rifts (2 Viewers)

Serious, seeerious album. I missed out on buying all the LP's when they were being released but have a few of his tapes. He was pretty amazing live at No Fun Fest too.

I thought I would have like this more than I did... I'm going to spin it up again and give it another try.

He's touring Europe with No Fun acid soon.

Me too, although I thought the last album was a weak. Nothing tops Solar Bridge though - it is so amazing.

You mean the S/T or What Happened? The S/T was a lot better than What Happened. You should have a listen to The Overlook which was a tour only tape they did this year, it's probably one of their best pieces so far.

You mean the S/T or What Happened? The S/T was a lot better than What Happened. You should have a listen to The Overlook which was a tour only tape they did this year, it's probably one of their best pieces so far.

Yeah the Overlook is great, but I disagree with you on the S/T and What Happened. I think What Happened is better - it is a collection of jams, the S/T contains composed tracks. I think the composition really sapped the life out of their sound.

Back to Oneohtirx Point Never - yeah this is good.

another tangent: Anyone heard any of the Emeralds side project stuff? I love the Outerspace and Mist stuff (the new one is sold out...anyone got a copy?). Mark Mcguire's stuff isn't great and Steve Hauschildt is good.

Yeah the Overlook is great, but I disagree with you on the S/T and What Happened. I think What Happened is better - it is a collection of jams, the S/T contains composed tracks. I think the composition really sapped the life out of their sound.

Back to Oneohtirx Point Never - yeah this is good.

another tangent: Anyone heard any of the Emeralds side project stuff? I love the Outerspace and Mist stuff (the new one is sold out...anyone got a copy?). Mark Mcguire's stuff isn't great and Steve Hauschildt is good.

That Mist LP is still available from the label: http://www.amethystsunset.net/discography.html and it's good.

I have Mark McGuire's - Pocket Full Of Rain cdr and that's pretty amazing, the rest of his stuf is pretty hit and miss.

Yep, Emeralds are brilliant. "What Happened" was one of the best albums of 2009.

Yep, totally agree. Although its the only Emeralds I've heard.

I don't know - I wouldn't be in total agreement with Neil. Hauschildt's solo stuff is good, but McGuire's collaboration with Lopatin on the Skyramps' Days of Thunder leaves me in an absolute lush coma.

Absolutely LOVE 'Rifts'. I also missed out on all the individual LPs so it was nice to get them in one package.

On the subject of Emeralds, I share the exact same opinion as Neilo. 'Solar Bridge' is tops. 'What Happened' was pretty cool but the s/t just didn't do it for me. I actually saw them play in Brooklyn a few days before they recorded 'Solar Bridge' and they were pretty fucking amazing at that point.

Yep, totally agree. Although its the only Emeralds I've heard.

I don't know - I wouldn't be in total agreement with Neil. Hauschildt's solo stuff is good, but McGuire's collaboration with Lopatin on the Skyramps' Days of Thunder leaves me in an absolute lush coma.

I haven't heard the Skyramps stuff, but I stand by my opinion of McGuire - he is a poor man's Manuel Gottschling!

only got my hands on it recently, but I'm really liking Rifts. the cover art is amazingly mad as well, same fellas that did the hudson mowhawke covers.

must check out this Emeralds stuff on the strength of what yis are saying

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back