On the Psychopathology of Shite Music Fixation Disorder (1 Viewer)

Anne OMalley

Needs to get out more
Website
www.rollerssparkers.com
Shite music fixation disorder is a neurosis found in many males and females who are entering adult society for the first time and who are anxious to retain some token measure of youthful rebellion.

I have for some time researched the psychopathology of this condition and found that the following symptoms are displayed to the analyst:

(i) An unhealthy interest in heavy metal/80s "hair"-pop/70s glam rock;

(ii) Aural hallucinations, described by sufferers as "rockin'", "deadly", "gift" and so on;

(iii) The delusional belief that music of the above types is in some way subversive of the Status Quo.

Actually, I wrote that.

Anne O'Malley (25 Jan, 2002 12:52 p.m.):
Shite music fixation disorder is a neurosis found in many males and females who are entering adult society for the first time and who are anxious to retain some token measure of youthful rebellion.

I have for some time researched the psychopathology of this condition and found that the following symptoms are displayed to the analyst:

(ii) Aural hallucinations, described by sufferers as "rockin'", "deadly", "gift" and so on;

(iii) The delusional belief that music of the above types is in some way subversive of the Status Quo.

Yes, and I forgot to log out. Bollox.

Freud (25 Jan, 2002 12:54 p.m.):
Actually, I wrote that.

Anne O'Malley (25 Jan, 2002 12:52 p.m.):

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back