On Street Parking (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Anybody know if residents of a street have to pay for on-street parking if Pay and Display parking is in place?

If not, would this apply to apartment owners as well as house owners? The street outside my apartment block is about to introduce it. Couldn't afford to buy a space at the time, now I'm being scuppered by space renters (€100 a month on average- in Inchicore) :(

Jim, there's always a way...

2e77d55e.jpg

you need to buy a parking ticket from the council or something. When i lived in town they wouldn't give it to me because the car was insured at a different address. it was all part of the drip drip that made me want to move out of the city.

Jimcorr said:
Anybody know if residents of a street have to pay for on-street parking if Pay and Display parking is in place?

If not, would this apply to apartment owners as well as house owners? The street outside my apartment block is about to introduce it. Couldn't afford to buy a space at the time, now I'm being scuppered by space renters (€100 a month on average- in Inchicore) :(

edit see here for rates

Anthony said:
you need to buy a parking ticket from the council or something. When i lived in town they wouldn't give it to me because the car was insured at a different address. it was all part of the drip drip that made me want to move out of the city.

Man, sounds like hassle...

I really should just buy a bike.

If you're in Dublin you have to apply for a parking permit, which costs about 70 euro a year.

If you live in an apartment block it is almost certain they will tell you to fuck off, some rule about not giving pasees if there are more than four residential dwellings in your building, and if you live in a 'busy' area.

However they will not let you know if the area you are in is 'busy' or not, so you have to go the hassle of getting insurance, bills etc sent to them, to then be told you are in a busy area and you cannot apply. Pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back