old skool beat/shoot-em-ups (1 Viewer)

Rogue

Website
Visit site
Call me hideously unevolved, but having just picked up a second-hand PS2 can anyone advise me on games to get that simply involve mindless destruction at a fast pace.

I get bored too quickly by these new-fangled games with "plot" and "development". I grew up with Golden Axe, Streetfighter, Turrican etc... Simpler games for simpler times perhaps but I'm not getting a proper fix with this new crap, time spent learning could be better spent maiming!

Igor said:
Call me hideously unevolved, but having just picked up a second-hand PS2 can anyone advise me on games to get that simply involve mindless destruction at a fast pace.

I get bored too quickly by these new-fangled games with "plot" and "development". I grew up with Golden Axe, Streetfighter, Turrican etc... Simpler games for simpler times perhaps but I'm not getting a proper fix with this new crap, time spent learning could be better spent maiming!

not too sure about new consoles but you can pick up snes'sss and megadrives for really cheap in secondhand shops and ebay.think that'd prob be the best places to get those type games, as new consoles all seem to be all plot/stories/video sequences and not enough mindless destruction/fun

hanley said:
not too sure about new consoles but you can pick up snes'sss and megadrives for really cheap in secondhand shops and ebay.think that'd prob be the best places to get those type games, as new consoles all seem to be all plot/stories/video sequences and not enough mindless destruction/fun

hmmm, ta!

I think you can get R-Type on the Gaystation

Edit: some visual clues in the image below support the claim above

00078301.jpg

viewtiful joe i believe is quite like this thing that you are looking for which is the thing that you were talking abouts wits the fast sidescrolling blam blam blam boom crash bleep.

Wavioli said:
viewtiful joe i believe is quite like this thing that you are looking for which is the thing that you were talking abouts wits the fast sidescrolling blam blam blam boom crash bleep.

what the who now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back