• Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

MDR

Did you get my email?
Website
www.myspace.com
So, see the match? Glen Crowe to be bussed back home? Are we turning shoit or just shoit at the moment.

Incidentally, Vialli for Ireland.

I'm a watford fan and Vialli nearly sent us under with his tomfoolery and money throwing around last year. Now we've got Ray Lewington...so maybe Ray lweington for Ireland. Used to manage the vegtable stall in tescos so I believe

...em, oh yeah, Ireland. Beware of Greeks.

Mr. T is the only man for Ireland...that'd be the end of that jibba jabba from yer man Keane (now there's an idea for that Mr.T vs page....!bing)

borring boring match.
no invention, passion, effort or ideas.

ok so it was a friendly.
but like, i would have thought mcphail, crowe, healy, carrsley, o shea and docherty would've been trying to make an impression?

is it the curse of sky as some lad said into his pint last night?

crowe was making an effort, as was holland i thought... but when the player on the pitch is dunne, youre fucked.

14th in the world?
my bollix.

i thought dunne played very well last night myself...give him a few games in that position during friendlies and see how he does.

Alternatively, play finnan at left back and carr at right back.

OR...bring back Phil Babb. He trained with some of europes best players at Sporting (Schmeichel, Jardel etc.) and played an integral part in winnin the league with Sporting...he needs to get his confidence back...OK, he seems a bit jinxed (especially after scoring that own goal).

anyone seen him play for Sunderland ?

If Dunne got his act together he'd be a great player. Himself and O'Shea would be a fantastic pairing.

Originally posted by P. Littbarski
i thought dunne played very well last night myself...give him a few games in that position during friendlies and see how he does.

Alternatively, play finnan at left back and carr at right back.

OR...bring back Phil Babb. He trained with some of europes best players at Sporting (Schmeichel, Jardel etc.) and played an integral part in winnin the league with Sporting...he needs to get his confidence back...OK, he seems a bit jinxed (especially after scoring that own goal).

anyone seen him play for Sunderland ?

yes, he's been utter shite for them. i saw a poll on a sunderland site where they listed the various permutations for their central defensive pairing and had people vote on them. the winner by a mile was "anyone as long as babb doesn't play". i think try finnan on the left when carr gets back - no reason finnan shouldn't be able to do a job there.

watford

I am a Celtic fan.

Not a 'RA-supporting, Spawell-going, stabbin'-with-a-screwdriver, robbin'-yer-gaff, hoops-wearing Celtic fan.
Just a Celtic fan.

That Blackburn game.
Sweet Jesus.
I never thought Graeme Souness could make me happy. But that look on his face was worth the wait.

Swindon came about after myself and my Sis caught this hilarious documentary on the 'Town: how Glen Hoddle managed them for a while, and the team and supporters picked themselves up, dragged themselves up a division etc etc. Hoddle left suddenly, and the poor fuckers were relegated that very season.

i saw that. the Chelsea came in for him and he was having all kinds of dilemmas. Hoddle was a shaft of light between two immensities of darkness for swindon. when Ossie was in charge they got booted out of div one for financial iregularities. tut tut.

here, fin, i could have sworn you were a red. eh? remember those fifa games? eh? we'll have to have some of that again.

Re: watford

Originally posted by madouva
I am a Celtic fan.

Not a 'RA-supporting, Spawell-going, stabbin'-with-a-screwdriver, robbin'-yer-gaff, hoops-wearing Celtic fan.
Just a Celtic fan.

That Blackburn game.
Sweet Jesus.
I never thought Graeme Souness could make me happy. But that look on his face was worth the wait.

Swindon came about after myself and my Sis caught this hilarious documentary on the 'Town: how Glen Hoddle managed them for a while, and the team and supporters picked themselves up, dragged themselves up a division etc etc. Hoddle left suddenly, and the poor fuckers were relegated that very season.

I met a guy in Greece last year who worked in a Champion Sports type place in Belfast. He said that the Rangers jersey is the biggest selling football shirt in the north.

I've noticed the Celtic top getting very popular down here in the last few years. Suppose it's related to the success of O'Neill. Your description of a section of their fans is spot on. Nevertheless all teams will have their cunt supporters, Celtic are no different.

I don't like the booing though [which is very common in Ireland] - of anyone remotely connected to Rangers. It's just as bad as the booing/abuse from the Rangers fans.
Good to see attempts to stamp out the sectarian songs though

BTW I support Man City:)

if i was to ever be at a a football game in ireland and i heard
any sectarian shit going on I think i'd loose the head. it's utter bullshit...remember the time ireland were playing denmark at landsdowne and they made a substitution, which was wrongly announced as being lovenkrands even though it was a different player.
the poor guy, who of course doesn't play for rangers, got booed until they announced that oops, sorry, that was actually hans christian anderson or someone, not in fact lovenkrands...
it's a very sad thing to see racism/sectarian or whatever generally around us, let alone at a football game. i mean it's sport, it's a fucking game, it's meant to be 90 minutes of forgetting about all the bullshit going on and appreciating the beautiful game, the ebb and flow that some call poetry in motion or ballet with a ball. (the best games I have seen recently that would be good examples of this would be Liverpool - Alaves (what was it, 5-4 ? ) or Arsenal - Auxerre from the first group stage of the champions league this year)

there are to many idiots in the world and i personally don't think that FIFA or UEFA or the FAI are doing enough to get rid of racism in football. If a player gets taunted because of his nationality, skin colour, religion by some fans they should ban ALL supporters of the offending team for a certain number of games...no bullsit...go Guliani on them and introduce zero tolerance measures to racism in football...i guarantee you that if this was introduced (and it should because it is in my eyes one of the lowest things that can be done) fellow supporters who have some intelligence will rat them out, why should they bear the consequences of their stupidity and Clubs would be hit financially and would ensure that anyone going on with this shit is immeadiatly removed and banned...if it is allowed to prosper, and it is, it will continue. It's not hard to recognise the offenders, you see them all the time at games and hear them on the tv when watching a game. it's so plainly obvious who is doing it, yet not much is being done.

I support Borussia Dortmund for the record

Originally posted by P. Littbarski
remember the time ireland were playing denmark at landsdowne and they made a substitution, which was wrongly announced as being lovenkrands even though it was a different player.
the poor guy, who of course doesn't play for rangers, got booed until they announced that oops, sorry, that was actually hans christian anderson or someone, not in fact lovenkrands...

Still, you got the pure gold afterwards - the announcer guy asked the fans to stop booing the Danish lad, so they started booing Ireland and cheering Denmark instead. Denmark nearly scored too during this period, which would have capped it off altogether

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland