Foggy Notions (1 Viewer)

good? bad?

• on the nose

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • On the arse

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
sweetoblivion said:
not wanting to sound like Louis Walsh or anything, but it has potential.

the typos absolutely did my head in though - who does an obituary for Elliott Smith and spells his name 'Elliot' the whole way through? The mistakes completely took from the content.
I personally volunteer myself to spellcheck the next issue for them.....|..|

the best thing was in that same article leagues got confused and lamented the passing of matthew sweet, who is obviously alive and well, instead of matthew jay.
RESEARCH:confused: :eek:

Look out for an interview with me in the next issue of foggy notions. Its an attempt to increase readership outside the people who shop in tower records
.|..|

lmao! right, I missed that one.
poor matthew jay, I was gutted - both him and Elliott in such a short space of time! I love Draw, was hoping Mr Jay would get around to releasing a new one, but very sadly not. :(

I know some people are bad at spelling and grammar for good reasons (dyslexia, par example), but there's no excuse at all for actually letting a magazine go to print that's FULL of typos.

My friend and I did two issues of a magazine for 6th years on a crappy old computer when we were back in secondary school, and I can pretty much guarantee you there were no typos in that...perhaps because I'm anal about spelling though....!ninjaaaa

I thought it was a great magazine that was sorely needed here and I think the typo thing may have been as a result of a low budget and no full time Sub, which you have to have in a commercial publication.

That said, I wrote a couple of articles for it and my name was misspelt in the contributors list...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back